• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quirks while playing Brawl

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
In melee my friend always combo's mr saturn because he's a giant nose and my friend hates jews. He usually uses falcon I saw him pull of nair uair uair knee on mr saturn once it was awesome.
Dylan, you're still here? Woahhhh

Anyways, I don't play with items, but we all laugh when someone trips.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Dylan, you're still here? Woahhhh
When I can be, I'm usually busy working, Im gonna be a father soon too, yay! :p

Not to mention my band... busy busy busy! But tomorrow I get to go play some smash for the first time in like 4 months.... Epic!

NoobCake

Smash Apprentice
Me and my friend find Ganondorf to be the funniest character in brawl, and frequently play GANONDORF-ONLY matches just for the hell of it. We then proceed to yell "GANONDORF" everytime we attack, and this in turn leads us to replace verbs, nouns, hell even adjectives in phrases with the word "GANONDORF", to the point where GANONDORF and GANONDORF GANONDORF the GANONDORF GANONDORF GANONDORF.

GANONDORF.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Me and my friend find Ganondorf to be the funniest character in brawl, and frequently play GANONDORF-ONLY matches just for the hell of it. We then proceed to yell "GANONDORF" everytime we attack, and this in turn leads us to replace verbs, nouns, hell even adjectives in phrases with the word "GANONDORF", to the point where GANONDORF and GANONDORF GANONDORF the GANONDORF GANONDORF GANONDORF.

GANONDORF.
GANONDORF GANONDORF

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
my friends and i take Mr. Saturn as a bad luck symbol and as soon as he appears we smash him out of the stage

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
I taunt when ever "anyone" does something taunt worthy

I yell footstool jump every time someone does one

and I mention funny kills i.e. turnip, banana, BOX <= excited to see one of those

sg_06

Smash Rookie
I believe this would be a quirk: my sister loves pausing the game, especially when I'm in the middle of pressing a button. (any button)
I react in various ways...tonight:

*my sister pauses the game*
me: *cOuGh CoUgH cOuGh CoUgH cOuGh* (etc)
my dad: "are you ok?"
me: "yeah, I'm just coughing retardedly until allison unpauses the game. "

I thought that might be worth sharing. (Unfortunately though, it backfired: she ended up laughing for another 5 minutes...)

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Hm, some really great ones here. :)

I pant whenever I run with Ganondorf. Almost always.
Due to a website somewhere saying Ness' Down Throw was a jetpack, I shout that every time I use it.
I say the name of the special move I'm spamming, not counting Pit's neutral B.
I imitate Ivysaur's voice after I win with him.
I shout, "You're open!" every time Ike counters.

pirkid

Smash Lord
We yell Falcon Pawnch for everything.

No joke. EVERYTHING.

A jab, "FALCON, PAWNCH"
A smash, "FALCON, PAWNCH"
A grab, "FALCON, PAWNCH"

orintemple

Smash Lord
I say " Nice Try!" just like Pit everytime anyone does a counter with any character, except Ike, cause his is funny enough already to say "You're Open".

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
In our eyes, both Stafy and Piplup are sacred.
Mr. Saturn is a good luck charm, and we all have to break down and laugh everytime Ganondorf waddles. Or when DeDeDe gets his hurt face. We always pause and take a screenshot. We have a lot.

Truce

Smash Cadet
Well, we always have to pop the balloon on Smashville, there's no excuse. People are known to drop everything and get smacked for popping it, but it's always worth it. That, and one player I play with a lot will frequently pause, take a random picture for no reason, and then resume play with no explanation.

Everybody has to wipe their hands inbetween stock though. Those palms just get so darn sweaty.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Well, we always have to pop the balloon on Smashville, there's no excuse. People are known to drop everything and get smacked for popping it, but it's always worth it. That, and one player I play with a lot will frequently pause, take a random picture for no reason, and then resume play with no explanation.
Oh, right! Of course, I forgot all about that. It's funny in matches like Ganondorf versus Ike, when we both jump off the stage and end up killing ourselves by hitting it with out Up Bs. :laugh:

Chapstick

Smash Cadet
Whenever Piplup appears, all my friends and I yell "Piplup the destroyer of worlds!"

Also, when anyone plays as Lucario we all don Canadian accents (My friend thinks that Lu-care-io could easily be the name of a Canadian hockey player ex. Greg Lucario)

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I see Mr. Saturn, I proclaim he's there. And when he flies off the stage, I say "Nooo, Mr. Saturn!"

I also tend to talk randomly about what I'm doing and what happens when I play. *gets knocked off* "Must recover, must recovery!" "Raaaawwwr!" *attacks*

Whenever Resetti appears. I always stop fighting and beat on him. And whenever I play Kirby, I always have to tap down repeatedly to make the squishy-bouncy sound go off.

Top Bottom