• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick question

Mrawesome48

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrawesome48
So I've been learning how to play Rosalina. I've been using her jab and people says it's safe and effective but 9/10 times the opponent is able to escape before luma finishes the final hit Is that normal? I'm also having trouble getting back down to the stage. I'm knocked up into the air and it feels like it's near impossible to get back to the stage unless i go for the ledge. Also how do you approach people like shiek and fox. I've found fox will just sit on side of the stage shoointg luma till dead and that shiek can just bounce right over luma. I'm aware there is a q/a sticky but everyone was just ignoring my post so i figured making a thread would bring attention

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
First off, welcome.
Second, those questions are slighty slower than "quick" for my standards.
Anyway, her jab is best to repeatedly jab cancel or, if you are spaced safely so that Luma will hit the opponent's shield but not Rosalina's, three hit jab. This pressure can lead to various opportunities depending on you opponent's choice.
Rosalina has in fact trouble against juggling, she has a slower air speed than Peach, for that matter, so you need to mix movement and airdodges to not let your opponent catch you.
When approaching, you can beat the shield by boost grabbing, Lunar Landing and spacing Luma.
You can beat an attack by using the Nair advancing during the initial part and retreating during the second, depending on the attack, you can also run and shield the attack.
You can beat a grab with the Nair, but unlike before, you can as well hit your opponent. Well, most attacks beat the majority of the grabs, for that matter. You can also preempitively imput an attack so that Luma will free you once grabbed. Take note however that you can do it only if Luma doesn't get hit by eventuals pummels and throws.
Fox's lasers are unsafe at closer distances, where firing them usually results in Fox being hit before the endlag ends.
At longer ranges, just spam gravitational pull, though be ready for an approach from the enemy. Also if you crouch Luma will dodge the projectiles, from that point any action that holds Luma in place such as powershielding and using the majority of the moves will result in Luma stopping in that spot without returning to the normal position, basically the same concept of maintaining the position of a launched out Luma.
Coffee Fish can indeed hit Luma if Rosalina hits him, as such, you must actually move out of the move's hitbox.

SiriusPika

Smash Rookie
First off, welcome.
Second, those questions are slighty slower than "quick" for my standards.
Anyway, her jab is best to repeatedly jab cancel or, if you are spaced safely so that Luma will hit the opponent's shield but not Rosalina's, three hit jab. This pressure can lead to various opportunities depending on you opponent's choice.
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm a noob. How do you jab cancel?

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm a noob. How do you jab cancel?
Just press A twice, then repeat a moment later, you would know that your doing it right because luma will extend his body further when doing the atk.

Top Bottom