• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Question With Ledge Mechanics

BasicallyRyan

Smash Cadet
When hanging on the the ledge, for an example I'll use fox, uses his up b and flies above you onto the stage. How do I quickly get back on the stage and immediately WD on or Fair him as he's dealing with landing lag. I've seen this in almost every pro video ive watched and have been wondering how to do it.

It is just a matter of going to the side with the analog stick and then up followed by the WL/aerial attack? Thanks!

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit confused by what you mean exactly. Do you mean that you are playing as sheik hanging from the ledge and your opponent, fox, uses Foxfire and lands onstage (or is in the process of doing so) and you want to punish it?

BasicallyRyan

Smash Cadet
I'm a bit confused by what you mean exactly. Do you mean that you are playing as sheik hanging from the ledge and your opponent, fox, uses Foxfire and lands onstage (or is in the process of doing so) and you want to punish it?
Yeah that's exactly what I meant

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
You want to quickly let go of the ledge, DJ while holding towards the stage and then WL onto the stage (Ledge Dash).
While doing so you watch where the fox goes with his UpB.
He has quite a few options so it's hard to describe exactly what you want to do.
If you want to cover the 45 degree angle (high and into the stage), you want to cover the platform.
Place yourself right under the platform where he is about to land.
As fox burns while flying in his UpB you want to hit him as he falls, right when it ends.
A Fair would be of choise to send him right back into recovery or KO. But using the sex kick Nair could make you have an easier time hitting the fox.

Good luck

Last edited:

The Lemon

Smash Cadet
I'm not quite sure if I completely understand what you are asking for either, but here's what I think you're asking...

It's easier fi you hit him before he lands. Fox's firefox only has 6 frames of landing lag, AND THEN, if he falls for a little before he lands from it, it becomes only 3 frames. Regular landing lag from a jump is 4 frames, so if you can't hit Fox before he hits the ground, you should treat his landing as if he is landing from a regular jump.

Top Bottom