• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick question: Ganon buffer.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I've heard that in order to cancel the landing lag on Ganon's Dair, you smash the c stick down immediately after jumping. Basically, I'm told to fast fall it, but all that does is make the lag happen unless the move completes in the air. I'm using wii mote and nunchuck. How does this apply here? What am I doing wrong?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You don't fastfall it. You jump and use dair literally right after you leave the ground, which causes you to stomp and the move autocancels right after so you're free to do whatever right after.

TreK

Is "that guy"
It's easier if you leave tap jump on, btw. Just press up followed by dsmash on the next frame.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Personally, I find it easier to just hold down and slide my right thumb from X to A.

Really, it's just a matter of short hopping and doing a Dair command right before Ganon jumps. Then you can find your favorite way to do it.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
You don't fastfall it. You jump and use dair literally right after you leave the ground, which causes you to stomp and the move autocancels right after so you're free to do whatever right after.
I found out what the issue was. With analog stick tap being my only means of jumping instead of a button, I ended up having to move the analog stick from up to down, making a fastfall. I fixed it by changing the d pad on the wiil mote nunchuck to have it do an auto down smash (wii equivalent to the gamecube's C stick.) so that I could avoid fast falling involutarily. I can also avoid fast falling to my death when I Dair offstage.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I found out what the issue was. With analog stick jump being the only way I ever jumped, I ended up having to move the analog stick from up to down, making a fastfall. I fixed it by changing the d pad on the wiil mote nunchuck to have it do an auto down smash (wii equivalent to the gamecube's C stick.) so that I could avoid fast falling involutarily. I can also avoid fast falling to my death when I Dair offstage.
Sorry for accidental double post.

Top Bottom