• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick question about unlocking in Melee

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Sorry not a very exciting thread, but can you do a mix of classic and adventure to unlock characters

for instance half I play through in classic and half in adventure, will I still then get Game And Watch

Lorenzo The Comic

Smash Journeyman
some place pronounced like a Pokémon Website
NNID
OutboundKid
You have to clear one of the modes with all 24 other characters (i.e. if you want to do it through Classic Mode, then finish Classic Mode with all 24 other characters). G&W can also be unlocked if you clear Target Test with all the other characters.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
You have to clear one of the modes with all 24 other characters (i.e. if you want to do it through Classic Mode, then finish Classic Mode with all 24 other characters). G&W can also be unlocked if you clear Target Test with all the other characters.
Ah ok well I just unlocked Young Link by doing 6 in classic and 4 in adventure (target test doesn't count toward YL). Just didn't know it G&W unlock also could be done piecemeal.

AirFair

Marth tho
Yea just do the target test method. Then after, just beat target test/classic with G&W and you should get Dreamland right after.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
I really just want the random stage select option. I hate how it's not there from the start and it's also VERY time consuming to unlock. ARRRGHHH! IT SHOULD BE DEFAULT. They did the same thing with item select in SSB >:(

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
I really just want the random stage select option. I hate how it's not there from the start and it's also VERY time consuming to unlock. ARRRGHHH! IT SHOULD BE DEFAULT. They did the same thing with item select in SSB >:(
Yeah I've always felt that the random stage select should come default in every game.

Sulurian

Smash Rookie
I have been using rock paper scissors to decide the random stage since we do not have all the stages unlocked, quite an unfortunate situation

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
I have been using rock paper scissors to decide the random stage since we do not have all the stages unlocked, quite an unfortunate situation
You should just bring a setup to a tournament or a fest and ask someone to copy their save file. That is the quickest way to unlock everything.

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Copy a save or find an Action Replay :p

kingPiano

Smash Ace
It's been a week I've already unlocked everything.

To get Young Link you can mix and match adventure mode and classic mode completions (10 total with Zelda and Link being among them)

To Get G&W it has to be all other characters with all 1 type of completion (classic, TT, or Adventure)

Top Bottom