• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Puff Question From a Sheik Main

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Howdy, forums. Earlier today, I was playing a Puff main, and got him down to the last stock, game 2. I ended up winning the game with a d-throw to up smash, a combo that I tried and hadn't got in the past. The Puff was around 50% when it hit, and died off the top at 71%. We were playing at FoD.

I ended up losing the set, but the question remains; what happened that made d-throw --> up smash work? Is it a specific percent that this only works out, or did the Puff player just DI poorly and I got a lucky break?

Last edited:

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
I think that it was a combination of the stage positioning and poor DI from the puff player.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Stage positioning, I'm not so sure about. It was in the middle of the stage, away from any of the platforms, meaning it could have been done on any stage.

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
Stage positioning, I'm not so sure about. It was in the middle of the stage, away from any of the platforms, meaning it could have been done on any stage.
Hm that's odd. FoD has the second highest ceiling of the competitive stages so I wouldn't expect Puff to die off the top unless you were on the top platform. But I guess that means it was likely some poor DI from the Puff player.

Top Bottom