• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Dash Attack (QDA)

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
I found a neat little trick with the game. It is part of the control of the game that NO ONE seem to talk about so that's why I'm bringing to people's attention. The name I'm calling it is for quick reference.

E. Quick Dash Attack (QDA)

Execution

Tap forward and C-Stick Down simultaneously or nearly instantly after the forward tap.

Description

I recently found this trick. Allows Link (any character really) to perform at dash attack ASAP.

This is very good for some characters, since some character's Dash Attack has better range and/or better knock back properties than their Forward Smash.

Examples:

Link

1. Slightly faster than Forward Smash?
2. Longer range than Forward Smash.
3. Knocks opponent up allowing for possible follow ups.

Ganondorf

1. Much faster than Forward Smash?
2. Much longer range than Forward Smash.
3. Knocks opponent up allowing for possible follow ups.

Ike

1. Much faster than Forward Smash.
2. Much longer range than Forward Smash.

Snake

1. Much faster than Forward Smash.
2. Much, much longer range than Forward Smash.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
I tried this with Ganondorf and it works pretty well. It seems to lead to Bair at low percentages. It seems to kill light characters at around 130%. IMO it's a better option than Ganondorf's Forward Smash or Forward Tilt.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
For the love of god...I don't mean to be rude but this has been known for a while. Lot of ganons use it already.
They words you chose makes your statement rude.

You didn't catch the point of of this topic. This isn't spoken of much. There are people who don't know of this so I made this topic to inform them of this and hopefully improve their game.

The fact that you state that you know of this and seen other Ganondorf players do this and assume other people knew of this, probably in some videos doesn't mean other knew of this.

I don't mind people stating they knew of this already. Though I don't understand why you waste a post just to state it. But don't make it out to be as if everyone should of known of this. There are those who don't and I am simply letting them know.

Gonzoyo,

The Brawl control won't let you down smash while in a dash unless you Jump Cancel. If you're a B-Stick user you can try to tap forward and Down Smash. Maybe that will work.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Heh... I made a thread about this exact thing weeks ago that was largely ignored, even with a bump. Weird how so many people didn't know this.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Heh... I made a thread about this exact thing weeks ago that was largely ignored, even with a bump. Weird how so many people didn't know this.
Props on finding it and trying to share it with others...then.

Weeks ago the game didn't come to the US yet or it was still relatively new. There was a wave of people who just came here and created an account because the game was a hot title and about to come out.

There also were people some people who didn't even have an import who just watch videos who started to pick out things they see and named them advance techs. Because of these a lot of "tech" topics were shrugged of.

You just posted at the wrong time, IMO. Like I said, I knew there would be people who knew about this before hand. For whatever reason this isn't discussed much.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Yeah, not ragging on your thread. I do get why people didn't know about this. But yeah it's nothing huge but it is definitely useful, especially with character's whose dash attacks have crazy long startup like Ganon's.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I really underestimated this. I tried it out some today and it's awesome when your ftilt is just out of range and a smash is too slow. Very helpful technique.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Yeah, not ragging on your thread. I do get why people didn't know about this. But yeah it's nothing huge but it is definitely useful, especially with character's whose dash attacks have crazy long startup like Ganon's.
I wasn't talking to you when I was about people who post "I knew already" or people who try post like everyone knows already.

I was trying to say that it was good that you really did find this yourself and try to share it with others..

Back on topic, this is more useful for characters that have short range, long start up smashes, but their dash attack is faster and has more reach. That's why I posted it on the Ganondorf forum.

Top Bottom