• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Clown Footstool - possible a new Tech?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
so, I played Jr at Närcon tourny some days ago and on for glory yesterday and I found something really interesting that I have looked up but I couldnt find anything about it!
I am calling it "Quick Clown Footstool" there it basically are SideB into Footstool, however this footstool seems almost instant!

here is the For Glory match there it was second time I encountered it!

http://www.twitch.tv/narcon/v/8535708
here is the Smash4 tourny I was in and did it again! at 17:21 is there the QCF happens on a Yoshi at 139%

we need to find more information about this and what we can get out of this! this tech is really advance and will proberbly not be used regulary but can surprice those who dont expect this!

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
This is awesome! : O
It looks hard to pull off, but really REALLY rewarding!

edit: though on second look, not sure if we could follow up with anything, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Super ninja panda

Smash Rookie
Side-b dair bair grab does 41% . Side-b footstool up-b hammer does 40% lol. Great find but a bit out shined by his
amazing dair Combo.

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Tried to replicate this in Training Mode for half an hour, but only managed to do this once. : (

Side-b dair bair grab does 41% . Side-b footstool up-b hammer does 40% lol. Great find but a bit out shined by his
amazing dair Combo.
As a combo starter this might get out-shined, but i think it simply gives Jr more versatility.
I mean, if you miss with this (side-b away from opponent), you at least get the chance to drive away more or less safely.
Side-b into dair, bair, grab has to be performed while driving INTO your opponent, making it a little more punishable if they shield right.

Latter has way more damage output for sure, but i still see some other advantages in the former, and it might not be bad to look further into it.

Super ninja panda

Smash Rookie
Ok,I see your point. There are still some pros and cons i'll go through them all .
Why Quick clown footstool is better

It's safe on shield
They have to react faster to escape it
They can jab,spot dodge and roll out of the grab.
They can DI the dair so you only get the sour spot of the bair .
if timed incorrectly you may not get all the hits of the dair.
dair isn't safe on shield .
They can mash out of grab.

Why his dair Combo is better.
It's much easier to land the combo.
it does more damage.
you can pummel and go for a more damaging throw.
It's really hard to connect the bomb into the hammer.
After the bair you can make a read and go for something more damaging then a grab.
on heavy weights you can connect two dairs and a bair.
If there near the ledge and they shield and you go pass their shield you fall of the stage with no jumps.
They can DI when their in footstool animation to avoid the bomb.
If they get hit by the first hit of the bomb they can shield before the second hit.

Well that's everything .you can pick which combo you prefer :)

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Ok,I see your point. There are still some pros and cons i'll go through them all .
Why Quick clown footstool is better

It's safe on shield
They have to react faster to escape it
They can jab,spot dodge and roll out of the grab.
They can DI the dair so you only get the sour spot of the bair .
if timed incorrectly you may not get all the hits of the dair.
dair isn't safe on shield .
They can mash out of grab.
Wait, have you actually tried these out?
I haven't seen anyone doing combos with his Quick Clown Footstool so far.

Super ninja panda

Smash Rookie
Wait, have you actually tried these out?
I haven't seen anyone doing combos with his Quick Clown Footstool so far.
Nope it's just if footstool to up'b works side 'B to footstool to up'b should work.
Oh and I can't test it now cuz my wii u is being shipped.
So test it yourself.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Man this has been known since like, week one. I could swear you're the guy who posted the original video too.

Footstool is guaranteed until like 9% out of side b.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Man this has been known since like, week one. I could swear you're the guy who posted the original video too.

Footstool is guaranteed until like 9% out of side b.
thats a normal footstool and there are at least 10 frames between SideB and Footstool and thats something everyone knows but this is something completely diffirent. if you check the video the QCF you can see that the footstool appears on the same frame as link gets attack.
if you watch the livestream, the QCF appears on yoshi aswell on the same exact frame as link, except that yoshi has 139%

Last edited:

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
It's literally the same thing though. The reason it's "instant" is because of Yoshi's and Link's weight (which happens to be the same, btw) is the perfect weight for the footstool to happen as quickly as possible. It also works on Falcon the exact same way, again, because of the same weight. You're reading too much into this imo.

The thing that makes it instant is pressing jump specifically to cancel the side b and not pressing Up if Tap jump is off (like a lot of us do). Still really neat but yeah, idk man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom