• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick attack help

dustman

Smash Rookie
Hey, im a new pikachu player, and i have some questions regarding quick attack

I have seen this move where people use quick attack in the air to hit the ground at a diagonal angle.
As soon as they hit the ground, they jump and fire volt in the air.
My question is, if you do it away from the opponent, how can you face the right direction when you fire the volt? I AM SIMPLY NOT ABLE TO DO THIS

When doing the quick attack away from the enemy, i always face the wrong way

Also, i dont really understand when the point of spamming quick attack is (i think its called QAC), how does that improve your attack :S

If anyone has msn messenger i can be added: tykkesvin900@msn.com because i still have a few pikachu questions

gallax

Smash Hero
you should go loo at the thread called Quick Attack Cancel(QAC). the theory is that you can QA into teh ground and cancel it out with a jump or airiel or thunder. what your friend is doing is a QAC>Hop>tjolt. the mechanices of the driection you send the tjolt work the same as falcons punch and ganondorfs punch. you can reverse your direction of where you send the tjolt by tapping the opposite direction immediately after you press nuetral B.

Roller

Smash Legend
you should go loo at the thread called Quick Attack Cancel(QAC). the theory is that you can QA into teh ground and cancel it out with a jump or airiel or thunder. what your friend is doing is a QAC>Hop>tjolt. the mechanices of the driection you send the tjolt work the same as falcons punch and ganondorfs punch. you can reverse your direction of where you send the tjolt by tapping the opposite direction immediately after you press nuetral B.
ya. Galax is right, just look on the QuAC thread. Learning HOW, WHEN, and WHY to QuAC are very important if you intend to main pika. It can be a great approach, or a great mindgame, or a great retreat...or a mix. Read the thread, test it out, learn.

dustman

Smash Rookie
thanks for the great replies
guess ill read some and play some training mode
thanks for the tip about tappin the other direction after pressing neutral-b
im gonna try that :)

Top Bottom