• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions on Warios playstyle

viras

Smash Rookie
Just picked up wario and would like to know the most effective way to play him. Some people say campy ? But i'm not exactly sure how a campy Wario would work. can anyone hlp me out here?

USAnyan

Smash Cadet
I think they mean more “bait and punish” then “campy”, But whatever.

Basically wait for your opponent to do something then punish with a huge conversion. Weaving in and out is something I’d go as far as to say might be essential to wario due to his lack of range.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Wait for the opponent to come to you and punish them with Wario's great airspeed. Every second the opponent doesn't approach you means more time for waft to charge (you literally benefit for doing nothing).

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Wario doesn't have much range so it's good if you can space your opponent well. His aerials are stupidly good and can help break the distance whenever you need to.

Haydenspins

Smash Rookie
Unless you are playing a really campy opponent with good projectiles, your opponent should have the incentive to come to you. You can counter by whiff punishing with Wario’s airspeed to get huge conversions.

Top Bottom