• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions for the computer savvy?

mask man

Smash Cadet
My mother(who is much better with computers than me.) and I were just having a discussion on why it is stupid of me to ask questions or attempt to understand things that may be important to me, although I'm not sure I agree with her approach. I understand that she is in every way correct, but the reasoning behind it isn't as good as it could be.
But to the point, while she was using an abstract metaphor, mention of a 'car' came up. The strange thing about the mentioning of a car would normally seem transparent, but she used it(very purposefully I'm sure.) as if it were the name of a computer program or component(not an automobile.), I assume from context that it is the later. Due to promises we made just moments ago, I cannot ask about it. I searched and found no computer material or part that was called a car.

I'm kinda interested now, does anybody know about the 'car' of a computer?

Overload

Smash Lord
Wait, what? She thinks it is stupid to ask questions to further your knowledge about important things?

mask man

Smash Cadet
[19:02:42] <mask_man> I'm not sure about that part either, if it was like a component or something I'm sure I would have found it via google by now
[19:02:47] <myka> CDR?
[19:03:22] <mask_man> doubt it's CAR/CDR
[19:04:59] <&Chariot> "a discussion on why it is stupid of me to ask questions or attempt to understand things that may be important to me" <----er.... isnt that kind of the point of learning?
[19:05:23] <myka> odd thing to come from your mother
[19:05:39] <mask_man> You don't know my mother, mmmkay myka?
[19:05:50] <myka> no, i dont
[19:06:34] <mask_man> In a related incident,
[19:06:55] <mask_man> Something in the bathroom beeped, and she asked me if it was my phone.
[19:07:12] <mask_man> I replied, and I quote, "No, why?"
[19:07:36] <mask_man> She exploded and went on about how stupid it was for me to ask why.
[19:07:58] <mask_man> Which led into said car reference.
[19:08:27] <myka> righty then

Top Bottom