• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions before trying to install PM

centauri_

Smash Rookie
NNID
centauri_SB
Hello there! I am finall getting around to aquiring a 2gb SD card and installing project m. I've watched one too many gifs and streams of it to finally crack. I know absolutely zero advance tech moves involved in melee but I'd like to change that by learning on my favorite characters, and what better way than with pm? But before I go all crazy with it, I would like to ask some stupidly simple questions.

1. So I'm an impatient guy and would like to pick up a 2GB SD card at a store. I found one at Walgreen's but it was a microSD with a SD adapter. Would this still work, or do I need an actual SD card?

2. I have the homebrew channel installed on my Wii, but I was young and stupid and installed it with a 8GB SD card. That SD card is long corrupted and dead, now homebrew (as well as riivolution) is just sitting there without an SD card. Would I be able to use the hackless method without this interfering, or is there a way to recover homebrew?

3. For the Wi-Fi download (I have no idea what L/R lightpress or c-stick buffering or stock control is), do you guys have your own servers or would you have to use that dolphin thing?

I'm sorry if these questions are asked frequently. Cant wait to join the community!

MaxThunder

PM Support
1: they might work but they're unreliable...

2: homebrew channel is installed to the wii and works with any sd card, not just the sd card you installed it with... there also is no point to use hackless when you have homebrew channel... simply get whatever size sd card you find affordable, install homebrew PM to it and put it in the wii... then the PM launcher should pop up in there...

3: PM uses wiimmfi which is a private server thing so no you don't have to use dolphin... L/R lightpress is not pressing the L/R triggers of the gamecube controller fully down do it doesn't click, c-stick buffering is holding the c-stick in a diraction while something is hitting your shield to dodge or jump at the first frame you're able to do so, stock control is an option that lets you set how many stocks each participant in a match has individually...
In addition, the full version of PM comes with an addon in the launcher that turns it into the wifi version when enabled... so you should just get the full version and put on the wifi addon when oyu wanna play wifi...

centauri_

Smash Rookie
NNID
centauri_SB
Oh wow, I'm really stupid for not knowing homebrew works without the SD card you installed it with... Its really that simple... And I don't even have to buy a 2gb SD card. Thank you!

Top Bottom