• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about using certain Mewtwo's moves and/or combos

superange

Smash Cadet
NNID
superange128
3DS FC
1032-2052-1009
I only started using Mewtwo yesterday and I think I have the gist of his moveset I just have some questions about specific moves

- NAir's best use seems to be used against people who roll towards you that you can predict. Outside maybe using it when doing a low recovery, are there even other ways that it would be viable to use it? While it's good, it's priority/range seems too bad to use against other moves especially compared to his other aerials.

-As far as throws go Up Throw and Back Throw seem best for saving for KOing (Up Throw for 140-150%, Back Throw around 100-120 when on the Edge of a stage). Down Throw doesn't seem like it truly combos into anything would forward throw be the best if wanting to save KO options despite being slightly weaker than the others? (plus it looks badass as ****)

-I've seen talk about how you can do a Jab > Disable combo. I've only been able to do it a couple of times against a human opponent. Is this something that's situational based on the percentage and/or the character's weight?

-In general, what are the safest ways for Mewtwo to approach? Throwing out Shadow Balls seems to safest way (unless they have a reflector then calm down a bit on it). His Dash Attack makes him vulnerable unless you use it in a way that makes you go past the character if they shield. Back Air seems to be alright against people who tend to approach from the air due to Back Air's decent range and interesting angle/hitbox. Shorthop Down Airs can be good for mixups for people who sidestep expecting a Dash Attack or Dash Grab.

-Down Smash basically just seems like a slightly weaker but more safe version of F-Smash (due to having less endlag) Would it generally be better to use D-Smash as a punish Smash unless you're very very sure you can hit with F Smash?

-Is it possible to use the momentum from throwing at least half-charged Shadow Balls to your advantage? Since Mewtwo's recovery is already really good it seems unnecessary to use it in the air, especially when it would be better to keep a Shadow Ball charged for pressure.

-The one move I've been unable to find any use for is Up-Tilt. I feel like there are better options if your opponent is directly above or next to you (especially if the opponent is smaller).

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Shadow Ball's recoil is amazing for mixing up recovery or short hopping it then catching someone off guard with a smash attack.

Up tilt can combo into itself and into an usmash.

Mewtwo is way better at punishing approaches rather making them himself.

srn347

Smash Apprentice
With how good mewtwo's throws are, you can't go wrong by incorporating some dash grabs (or dash shield grabs) in his approach game. SH into nair or dair can be a decent mix-up option (or fair if your opponent is tall enough).

Top Bottom