• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about the Young Link match-up

PlamZ

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone,

I barely see any information about the YL match-up. I would like to know how you guys like to approach it. While the punish is very straight-forward, I see the neutral as very tricky, since the generic dash-dance grab gets harder with the rain of projectile falling on you.

Thanks!

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I find myself relying a lot on grabs when i'm fighting Link and Young Link. With Young Link, I'm pretty sure you can get a guaranteed d-tilt from your up-throw at 0% and just keep him in the air from there. As long as you're good at spacing your tipper uairs, he shouldn't be able to get you with his dair when juggling. I usually just try to play really aggressively to keep him off his feet so that he can't projectile spam, but depending on how good the opponent is, that might be easier said than done. I would personally avoid FD so that you can escape to the platforms to avoid his projectiles, and if you can get him caught on the platforms you can punish pretty hard.

Abel SSB

Smash Cadet
I play both characters and when your playing marth and you get a grab on young link its hard to get out of

Top Bottom