• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about Peach

danieltheboi

Smash Rookie
So this matchup has been the bane of my existence recently, so I have a few questions about it

-iirc, a decently spaced (not perfect) fair on CC Peach gives enough knockback at around 40% so it's out of CC dtilt range. How do you get to that percentage? Needles can only do so much

-I personally am a very platform movement heavy Sheik, and I usully abuse the top platform movement against Peach, so I always ban FD. Do I strike fountain or dreamland and why?

-when i get peach in the corner, is it better to be in Peach's face or slightly out so I can zone with aerials and keep peach in the corner.

-idk if this has to do with ports or if i just suck, but when i grab at low percents (0-15), on slight di up and away, i have an extremely hard time following up with fair. Is it better to instant nair or ftilt and react to di?

-is it reasonable to say that i should be able to punish every bad dsmash on shield with a WD OOS into grab? I feel like i'm always just a few frames late and am able to convert a punish only 25% of the time. All the other times it becomes either spotdodge -> dsmash or double dsmash and I just eat percent

-when is it good to use jab in this matchup?

Sorry for the ton of questions, but i have been struggling immensely with this matchup.

Last edited:

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
So this matchup has been the bane of my existence recently, so I have a few questions about it

-iirc, a decently spaced (not perfect) fair on CC Peach gives enough knockback at around 40% so it's out of CC dtilt range. How do you get to that percentage? Needles can only do so much

-I personally am a very platform movement heavy Sheik, and I usully abuse the top platform movement against Peach, so I always ban FD. Do I strike fountain or dreamland and why?

-when i get peach in the corner, is it better to be in Peach's face or slightly out so I can zone with aerials and keep peach in the corner.

-idk if this has to do with ports or if i just suck, but when i grab at low percents (0-15), on slight di up and away, i have an extremely hard time following up with fair. Is it better to instant nair or ftilt and react to di?

-is it reasonable to say that i should be able to punish every bad dsmash on shield with a WD OOS into grab? I feel like i'm always just a few frames late and am able to convert a punish only 25% of the time. All the other times it becomes either spotdodge -> dsmash or double dsmash and I just eat percent

-when is it good to use jab in this matchup?

Sorry for the ton of questions, but i have been struggling immensely with this matchup.
Heya! I'm not the complete best at the Sheik / Peach match-up, but I'll give my two cents on why I believe that the match-up is indeed 60-40 in Sheiks favor.

1. Usually, against Peach I usually like to start out by shooting a needle right when it says "Ready? GO!" So I can get the 3% lead. It's not much, but everything helps. Usually you want to drop platform charge needles and shoot at least a full clip before she charges in. At this point, she'll be plucking turnips to try to get something good, or she'll just take the one she's got because you're shooting needles at her. If she starts to approach you, this is good. This is what you want because all Peach can do to avoid your needles is to float above the horizontal range that the needles throw on the ground. Now this is where you get your main damage, which is fairing her out of neutral. Other than that, you're going to be wanting to look for grabs, but be careful and weary of dsmash, spot dodge, etc. the only reason I think Sheik wins this match-up, is because of dthrow combos. If she couldn't dthrow to fair / uair or bair for kills at high %, Peach would win this because of edge-guarding and such.

2. Usually, you want to avoid taking Peach to FD because of the turnip camping, but if you were striking, I'd say strike Battlefield / FoD because those are small stages that Peach can take advantage of. The only reason I'm not saying ban Yoshi's, is because of the wall and how sheik can use walljumps to her advantage. Dreamland is also good against Peach because Sheik has more space to shoot needles at her, but at the same time it's good for peach because of survivability.

3. Usually if you're in Peach's face in a corner (or in other words, close to the edge) she's gonna try to crouch cancel the moves you're throwing out and dsmash you off-stage, or she's going to grab you and back throw you offstage, and way she can gain the advantage by getting us offstage. So generally, it's good to space and zone her out with Aerials / Needles.

4. Generally off of dthrow if they DI away, like you probably already know, Fair is the best option because you can fast-fall auto cancel it. But if you're having trouble with this, instant fair or ftilt are really good, as listed above, because ftilt can lead into another ftilt or you can just lead it into a fair. It's not really port priority, it's more your timing, because if the peach you're playing against is good, she's gonna try to nair you out of the combo, which is a 3 frame move.

5. Usually the best OoS punish against Peach's dsmash is wavedash grab, but if you're getting spotdodged grabbed, then you're inputting the grab to late, or you wavedashed out of shield too late. If not wavedash -> grab, wavedash -> ftilt is good too. If they crouch cancel the ftilt, you can either try to read their getup attack by run up shielding, or you can dtilt them, or needle them, etc. there's so many options you need to lab out for yourself, test out what works for you. :)

6. Usually the best time to use Jab in this match-up is if they missed a tech, because at low % it'll jab reset them into a grab, dthrow, fair, etc. but if they're at about high %, jab will lead into an ftilt into a fair. Other than that, don't use it in neutral too much because if they CC it at any percent, that's gonna be a free dsmash for them.

I hope some of my advice helped, if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. I also have some vods of me playing against a peach player at my region's monthly tournament if you'd like to see what I do for certain situations lol :teemo:

Top Bottom