• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about Lucina's Down-Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Toast

Smash Cadet
NNID
TexasToast-3
3DS FC
1461-6200-1949
Hello! A few quick questions about our loveable Marth clone! I know that her sword doesn't have a sweet spot, but is there a particular spot to land her Dair in order to cause a spike? I'd imagine it'd either be the middle or the tip, but am not sure.

That being said, do we know if it is a true spike or a meteor smash? (Are there any true spikes in Smash 4 that we know of at all?)

Thanks in advance :)

Arya Greyjoy

Smash Rookie
Sorry to revive this' [but rather than making a new thread] how do you get a Meteor our of it? I've been mesing around with it but can't figure out what method Meteor's them all the time.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As she swings her sword underneath herself, her right leg will be stretched out. You have to hit the opponent with the tip of her sword as it swings past her foot. If you hit while the sword is left or right of her foot, it doesn't spike.

Edit: here's a screenshot to show what I'm talking about, note how the Dr Mario is directly under her foot

7596_397296710420214_1837226107942856245_n.jpg

Last edited:

Beast Boy

Smash Rookie
It's not a tipper thing it's position based. You can spike with middle or hilt of her blade you just have to be directly above them.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
...huh, it would appear this is indeed the case. Has it always been like that? Anyway, my apologies if I was incorrect the first time.

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
I know this is an old thread, but I discovered something about this a few days ago. It seems that when spiking, a distinct smack noise can be heard. If you don't hear that, then you failed to hit at the right time.

I don't use D-air very much though, especially when gimping offstage, as sometimes I end up fast falling SD and I hate doing that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom