• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about Fox (Identity crysis XD)

Herbron

Smash Rookie
Hi there I´m an old player of smash bros series I want to say that i´m happy to find some place to discuss about the game :). Anyway my question is about something happened few months ago at the holyday´s begining. Since I was a kid I like to play as Fox and try to be good with him, it´s true that now it´s when I´m trying to be more pro and investigate, but I thougth I was good. In a smash bros nigth with some old friends I discovered that I like to play very much as Pikachu, really much, and people start to say that I was better with Pikachu as Fox. I like both Characters but that quote feels bad to me because I spent so many time figthing with Fox and I see I am not capable to give the bests of him (thats the meaning of "identity crysis" XDXD) but I really like to keep both characters so I start to look for information on the web like Smashwiki to see if I can learn from experimented people how to play. After read the Fox article of the wiki I see many things clear that I never heard before. I read about the Fox´s attacks nerf in brawl and how Falco has been power up in some menay ways since meele and I start to think that I will not be capable to be competitive with Fox (and he is a hard character to learn well I think) but also I read about in Japan Fox is one of the top five and that people can be very good with him. My question is ¿Do you think I can be very good (competitive I mean) with Fox in brawl? I really like him and I don´t want to let him for Pikachu, and ¿What should I do in orfer to use well Fox?, ¿any advise?

Thank you very much for take the time to read and answer me ^^ perhaps It´s a boried theme but I want to celar my doubts.
Obtenido de "http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Some_questions_about_fox_(IDENTITY_CRYSIS_XP)"

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Thats so weird lol. I main Fox and Pikachu too. It's kinda annoying because what if you get a Pikachu,IC,or Sheik? Sheik with Pikachu is good but the Sheik player will most likely switch. Pikachu dittos are annoying and you probably won't want to play Fox against him or IC so I think you should pick up MK for those MU's. As far as getting good goes, watch some videos of arguably the best Fox main in the world. His name is TKD and his videos are all over youtube. Simply search "TKD Fox vs" and you will find tons of matches of him. Try to look over the Fox forum MU's thread and read the MU you think are hardest for you. It's all about time and how much you take to learn new AT's and MU's. You won't go "pro" if you don't put the effort in. I would suggest dropping Pikachu as a main if you really wan't too get better as a Fox main in general just because you can pick up MK for his bad MU's which most Foxes including NAKAT(best Fox on the EC) and TKD do(arguably best Fox in the world). Good luck bro.

Herbron

Smash Rookie
Thats so weird lol. I main Fox and Pikachu too. It's kinda annoying because what if you get a Pikachu,IC,or Sheik? Sheik with Pikachu is good but the Sheik player will most likely switch. Pikachu dittos are annoying and you probably won't want to play Fox against him or IC so I think you should pick up MK for those MU's. As far as getting good goes, watch some videos of arguably the best Fox main in the world. His name is TKD and his videos are all over youtube. Simply search "TKD Fox vs" and you will find tons of matches of him. Try to look over the Fox forum MU's thread and read the MU you think are hardest for you. It's all about time and how much you take to learn new AT's and MU's. You won't go "pro" if you don't put the effort in. I would suggest dropping Pikachu as a main if you really wan't too get better as a Fox main in general just because you can pick up MK for his bad MU's which most Foxes including NAKAT(best Fox on the EC) and TKD do(arguably best Fox in the world). Good luck bro.
Thank you very much for anwser, but I don´t understand well the initials and expresions, is there any post in the forum for initials if you are so kind ?? I´m new in smash comunity u.u

Ow and, can you talk more about why dropp pikachu in order to get better as Fox??, I like both but should I let Pika as main really??

Rizk18

Smash Lord
People generally think Fox is a overall better character if it wasn't for his 3 gay matchups. And since most people pull out their secondaries for them, with you it's kinda annoying. If you switch to Pikachu against Sheik, there's no way the Sheik player isn't going to switch also. Pikachu ditto's aren't exactly fun to play, but against IC, Pikachu is said to go even. It's still hard and what most people do is second MK. You can still main Pikachu, but it's just going to be a hassle when you play as Fox and people counter you with those 3 characters. Just my opinion really lol :p. Also,even though I main Pikachu as well, I haven't played him in soo long for some reason and my Fox has really improved since then.
For tips and stuff, check the first few threads on the Fox forum(which you are at). Just click back from here and you find them there.

Herbron

Smash Rookie
People generally think Fox is a overall better character if it wasn't for his 3 gay matchups. And since most people pull out their secondaries for them, with you it's kinda annoying. If you switch to Pikachu against Sheik, there's no way the Sheik player isn't going to switch also. Pikachu ditto's aren't exactly fun to play, but against IC, Pikachu is said to go even. It's still hard and what most people do is second MK. You can still main Pikachu, but it's just going to be a hassle when you play as Fox and people counter you with those 3 characters. Just my opinion really lol :p. Also,even though I main Pikachu as well, I haven't played him in soo long for some reason and my Fox has really improved since then.
For tips and stuff, check the first few threads on the Fox forum(which you are at). Just click back from here and you find them there.
Thank you very much indeed :3 I think I will concentrate on improve Fox and use Pikachu less, you know here where I live we don´t have many conctact with ohter people (without internet I mean) so we had to learn by ourselves since we were kids. As I see people usually switch to a character who is stronger to another rigth??, I have a very good friendo who plays with sheik but I have been figthting always with Fox with him, after a long time I have learn to counter Sheik with Fox XD.

TKD

Smash Lord
This is my advice if you want to be a top Fox:

1. Play a MEAN secondary. It needs to have a balanced match-up spread so it's not countered by other characters.
2. Think about the game. Most improvement is made while not playing.
3. Make notes about every idea you have, or anything that works.
4. Teach what you know to other people.
5. Learn from each loss.
6. Play at least once a week.

I don't think Pikachu's good enough to be Fox's secondary. He's a good counterpick against several characters, but he's not a good secondary to defend against opposing counterpicks. He's even considerably worse against Ice Climbers than Fox is.

And until you have a better understanding of SSBB, you'll struggle a lot as Fox. He works with your control of him, with your baits, and with your reflexes more than he does with his options. And options are always simpler.

Top Bottom