• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about bomb jumping.

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
Do I need to save my jump in order to bomb jump? or if not is it easier to save the jump? Also I can't consistently get the bomb to explode sometimes it would just fly off my sword what exactly do I need to do to make it consistent? thanks.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Just practice the AGT timing and you'll get it eventually. And no, you don't need to use your double jump, in fact it's actually better if you keep it.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Do I need to save my jump in order to bomb jump? or if not is it easier to save the jump? Also I can't consistently get the bomb to explode sometimes it would just fly off my sword what exactly do I need to do to make it consistent? thanks.
Usually, when you do the bomb jump, you want to use your AGT to throw the bomb up as Link goes up at the same time. After that you want to do an Upb into the bomb. Apparently you want the bomb to hit Link in the shoulder with the bomb in order for it to be consistent and get enough good distance with it. Some say it works by just going straight up into the bomb after the AGT but I disagree. Using the Upb to go straight into the bomb after the AGT up has not been consistent at all for me personally. You'll find the sweetspot angle eventually. You shouldn't need to use your double jump. Go to Training and go to the Training Room stage. Perform the AGT until you get it and practice it there. Practice until you can AGT all the way up into the ceiling blast zone and you Star KO yourself as a result. It sounds like a lot but trust me once you practice enough it will pay off when your in a situation where you need to use the bomb jump in a match.

Top Bottom