• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Questions) a few questions regarding hacking characters

Shadow

Smash Cadet
I have a few questions regarding samus

- how do I make samus spawn multiple homing missiles when she uses her forward special?
- how do I make samus use the ssbb super missile model and texture when she fires a smash missile?
- how do I change the acceleration point of samus's super missiles? I don't see a floating point for it.

I have a few questions regarding Link

- how do I make link's spin attack chargeable and extend the hitbox and sword trail graphic when charged?
- how do I make link's able to choose element arrows and apply the proper hitbox and gfx?
- how do I extend link's hookshot and make it able to grab out of air?
- how do I make links hookshot reel in faster?
- whats do you guys think would be the best way to make the elemental effects feel authentic to oot?

I have a few questions regarding Pichu

- how do I make pichu's multi hit attacks not able to be DI out of?

I have a few questions regarding Kirby

- how do I make kirby's grabs not ab;e to be DI out of?

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
About the questions regarding Link:

At least I think you cannot make Up-B chargeable.

I haven't seen anyone make Link be able to choose element arrows, so I don't think that's possible, but I think it's possible you can make the elements be RNG based.

You can extend the hitboxes on Link's hookshot, but to make the length match the hitboxes that would mean you'd have to edit the animation in some way or the model, and I think that's impossible for now.

I think you'd be able to make it so the hookshot reels in faster by speeding up certain frames of the move with Frame Speed Modifiers.

About the questions regarding Pichu and Kirby:

Take a look at PAL and try using it as a base, because multi-hit moves there are not as easy to SDI out of if they do 1% damage or something like that. Moves will always be SDI-able regardless of which angle you give them, so you'd have to change knockback settings a bit if you want them to be not so SDI-able.

Sorry if I'm not the best for this, but since no one answered your questions...

Last edited:

Shadow

Smash Cadet
thankyou.
why can't ssbm have custom models and textures?
I feels this has been done before. has noone explained how to do it?

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
thankyou.
why can't ssbm have custom models and textures?
I feels this has been done before. has noone explained how to do it?
If you watch MagicScrumpy's video about texture hacking where he explains that you can import new models now, you'll understand why.

Tl;dr: it's a hard and time consuming process, but I think MS' video shows us that we're improving that surely, but slowly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom