• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question

chipy547

Smash Rookie
hey i was wondering what you guys think the best way to edgeguard is. when your on the ledge mainly.

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
I prefer the Bair. Good range, priority and knockback. Plus, it looks cool if you moonwalk into it.

Some other options are:

Uairs: Hitting somebody with a uair will knock them back pretty far.
Knee: A bit riskier than Bairs or Uairs, but it's an almost guaranteed kill.
Utilt: Unless they sweetspot perfectly, CF's utilt can hit most recoveries.
Reverse uair: Has a less knockback than a normal uair, but a lower trajectory.
Stomp: Not a very good choice in my opinion, as it can be meteor cancelled.
Dtilt: If you hit them with a dtilt right before they grab the ledge, it will pop them up in the air for a knee.

Oops, just read the rest of your question... :psycho:

From hanging on the edge, the best choices are ledgehopped bairs or reverse uairs. (Imo)

Which you use depends on how your opponent is recovering.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
there isnt a best way, as people said. it depends on the situation.
ill have to say that jumping off the stage and nailing them with bair is probably the most common that suits the most situations

technomancer

Smash Champion
Weak knee hit is good too. Basically when you're edgeguarding with falcon, you're looking for an opportunity to hit them with something when they're floating out there; just be opportunistic, and learn the timings on b-airs against recovering Space Animals and Marths.

Top Bottom