• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Question] Running Shadow Sneak

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraDreamer

Smash Cadet
Many times when I do Shadow Sneak while running, I continue running without stopping to charge my Shadow Sneak. I can't repeat this when I want and I don't know how to do it exactly. Maybe it happens only on some specific frames but I'm not sure. Someone knows aif there is a trick to do it whenever we want?

Spirst

Hello there.
The act of running while shadow sneak is known as the running shadow sneak. Pretty straightforward. In order to replicate it:

Running Shadow Sneak requires that you start Shadow Sneak on the transition frame from the dash to run animation. You can also start it off a foxtrot for a more lenient timing, but it's more telegraphed if your opponent knows about the trick.
The timing is extremely strict. You have to press side B exactly at the start of your dash, the moment Greninja first touches the ground with his left leg.
Something to note is that has been patched out of the 3DS version as of 1.0.5 and will no doubt follow suit in an upcoming Wii U update. Enjoy it while you can.

For future reference, please read the stickies (namely the board directory and Q&A thread)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom