• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question Regarding Link Boomerang

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I dont know if this was done before, but, if you trow a boomerang and grab it when an aerial attack touch the floor, the link grabbing boomerang animation will replace the landing lag animation. IS this an AT??? how is called?

rhan

Smash Hero
That only happens in the version where Link can do the boomerang high jump.

Another thing is that if Link catches his boomerang after he did his up B, he's catch the rang allowing him to up B again.

Acryte

Smash Ace
catching the boomerang will not allow you to up-B again, they thought of this, but it will allow you to cancel your hookshot which means you can throw boomerang and then 2nd jump, airdodge and cancel the hookshot into your up-B. this gives you about an extra airdodge worth of height on recovery.

The act of catching a boomerang to cancel a move is known as boomerang cancelling and is well known

also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRLx_C_0uZU

milk bottle grab is hott

rhan

Smash Hero
I've done it before. I was in the falling animation after you up B and I caught the boomerang and just went into the falling animation and was able to do whatever I wanted.

Unless that was a random glitch in the game.

Again this only happens in the earlier versions of the game where Link can super jump.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
yeah, i noticed i have 1.0 (i can do flame cancel XDDDD) thanks for the info, close the topic

Skler

Smash Master
You can't cancel the upB's aerial lag with the boomerang and upB again. You can cancel the hookshot with it and then upB, but that's it.

rhan

Smash Hero
You can't cancel the upB's aerial lag with the boomerang and upB again. You can cancel the hookshot with it and then upB, but that's it.
I'm not BSing I seriously have done it.

But I still haven't figured out it was just a random glitch that happened or if it's possible to redo.

Skler

Smash Master
Holy crap, I just found something awesome.

The upB or it's immedate "I'm done upBing and can grab the edge backwards" lag can't be canceled by the boomerang but something ELSE can.

This is huge.

If I can make it work right.

I don't think it's possible to do though.

I'm also not sure if it works in other versions of the game, but it should.

<spends entire day working on doing this one thing>

Skler

Smash Master
Doube post update on research!

Young Link can improve his recovery by strong throwing his boomerang down, double jumping and then airdodging up at the peak of his jump. The boomerang cancels your helpless lag.

Link can't do anything with this yet, but the boomerang DOES cancel his normal helpless lag. He just can't throw it at the angles required to make this very useful. I bet you can do something with it off a wall though...

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

Young Link can improve his recovery by strong throwing his boomerang down, double jumping and then airdodging up at the peak of his jump. The boomerang cancels your helpless lag.

Link can't do anything with this yet, but the boomerang DOES cancel his normal helpless lag. He just can't throw it at the angles required to make this very useful. I bet you can do something with it off a wall though...
I... want to try this sooo bad xD

rhan

Smash Hero
Holy crap, I just found something awesome.

The upB or it's immedate "I'm done upBing and can grab the edge backwards" lag can't be canceled by the boomerang but something ELSE can.

This is huge.

If I can make it work right.

I don't think it's possible to do though.

I'm also not sure if it works in other versions of the game, but it should.

<spends entire day working on doing this one thing>

SEE! I'm not crazy! :laugh:

Good **** Skler!

Skler

Smash Master
Yeah, I spent like an hour screwing around with Link and couldn't do anything with it. With a wall you can probably cancel his airdodge with it to do a similar thing. Young Link is too baller though, you can throw it strong in front + down, double jump and then airdodge up and forward to catch it and upB/airdodge and hookshot after.

Screw you Young Link players for getting this cool trick instead of Link!

Also, I'm calling it Young Sklering.

Top Bottom