• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question on how I should work out stage bans in my scene.

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
We have 14 legal stages with the new ruleset in place.(7 Counterpicks, 7 Starters.)How should we work out bans?I need suggestions.Please help, we did a mini side event yesterday for PM and people were puzzled how exactly to do bans with 14 legal stages.I want everything to be cleared up by the next tourney since PM will be a main event.

Last edited:

Froggerka

Smash Cadet
We have 14 legal stages with the new ruleset in place.(7 Counterpicks, 7 Starters.)How should we work out bans?I need suggestions.Please help, we did a mini side event yesterday for PM and people were puzzled how exactly to do bans with 14 legal stages.I want everything to be cleared up by the next tourney since PM will be a main event.
I think you could have the players do Rock-Paper-Scissors, the winner gets 2 stage strikes, then the loser gets 2 until two stages are left. The winner then picks between these two stages.

After a match, the loser of the match gets 2 stage strikes, then the winner, and so on until two stages are left and the loser picks the stage from those two. Basically the opposite of the starting choice, but you get the point. This method is kind of confusing at first, so you might want to modify it if you choose to include it. Really, any rule would work as long as it seems fair and quick enough.

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
So, it's just person1 strikes 2 , person2 strikes 2, person 1 strikes 2 again until only two are left?I'm not sure of any other faster, convenient ways.That could sort of work though.

Froggerka

Smash Cadet
So, it's just person1 strikes 2 , person2 strikes 2, person 1 strikes 2 again until only two are left?I'm not sure of any other faster, convenient ways.That could sort of work though.
I just made that up off the top of my head late at night, so I'd go with that one. ^^^

Top Bottom