• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question on beating squirtle

Fabio the Great

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5026-4613-0886
Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing good, I had a quick question about squirtle. My friend only plays squirtle and isn't necessarily the most technical player, and often just uses jumping bubbles and side b's and being only a melee player until more recently, i'm not really sure what the answer is yet, so, what is the best way to counter this tactic? I usually beat him, but it takes so long and is so lame facing him when he does this. Any input would be great, Ty.

Cloudburst

Smash Cadet
As Wolf and Falco you can grab/shine if he just tries to side-b into you. As Mario just cape him the other way or downsmash for free %. For jumping bubbles, just space properly. Wavedash backwards and punish while he's in the ending animation of bubble.

Fabio the Great

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5026-4613-0886
As Wolf and Falco you can grab/shine if he just tries to side-b into you. As Mario just cape him the other way or downsmash for free %. For jumping bubbles, just space properly. Wavedash backwards and punish while he's in the ending animation of bubble.
Thanks, I didn't know you could grab/ shine the side b

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
pivot grabs wreck withdraw.

See we call your friend an "Amish" squirtle player, so I wish you the best in destroying his confidence that he can play squirtle.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Late response but I also need help with this. Is it only at certain %s you can knock him out of sideB? at 0% sweetspotted Mario's fsmash does nothing, but at higher percents I can knck him out with uncharged down and fsmashes
And what about Kirby?

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Squirtle's armor is all knockback armor, so when he is higher in percent, it effectively gets weaker. You'll just have to toy around with it yourself to find out when certain moves will break his armor.

Or you could just grab him.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Amish =/= bad.

Side b all day every day is not the same as amish, that's just bad.

SQUIRTLE TECH IS OVERRATED

Top Bottom