• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Question] Kill moves with Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
I played the 3DS game for abit, I had to rely on dash attack reads and Ftilt.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I main Link and honestly have not had any issues with getting the killing blow. I'm no pro, but I'm great with timing. Like others have mentioned, it's a lot about timing for the most part. The forward slash is the biggest killing move. DAir I use to set stuff up OR if I time it right, is a good killing blow, but yeah, unless you are Toon Link, it's almost pointless most of the time. You can get some easy kills by timing the upair attack perfectly as well. But yeah, broken record again, but it's all about timing his moves. He has power.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I main Link and honestly have not had any issues with getting the killing blow. I'm no pro, but I'm great with timing. Like others have mentioned, it's a lot about timing for the most part. The forward slash is the biggest killing move. DAir I use to set stuff up OR if I time it right, is a good killing blow, but yeah, unless you are Toon Link, it's almost pointless most of the time. You can get some easy kills by timing the upair attack perfectly as well. But yeah, broken record again, but it's all about timing his moves. He has power.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Kill moves? Let's see...
Fair
Fsmash
Dsmash
Utilt
Usmash
Dair
Fair (2nd hit)
Uair
Uthrow
Dash Attack

Yeah, Link has plenty of kill moves. If you have trouble killing from the stage, try knocking the opponent in the air and pull out a Uair. Or better yet, you can stage spike an opponent trying to recover below the ledge with Dair. Question: How early can Utilt kill Jigglypuff? I've killed with it around 90%, but I think it can kill at a lower%

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
It's seeming like the consesus is aiming toward the Dash Attack being the best kill move.

What's funny is I was kinda hoping they were going to implement that as an F-Smash in some way since it was his strongest regular move in all the LoZ's.

I'm still convinced that FSmash2 is still the better kill move though.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Dash Attack is pretty awesome for punishing rolls and air dodges, which at high% can KO.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Exactly I feel like its more of a punisher move for times when someone makes a mistake but isn't within Link's Normal reach, or even to just close the gap with someone. It's definitely good, but it's not at the same level as Fsmash2.

Last edited:

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
It's too slow to ever be used in a situation like that, though, unless someone rolls backward exactly 100% of the time or you're god tier at reads it should never land.

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
I usually get half of my Dash Attacks in with Link but it's all about setups. I don't know if this actually works but if you try arrow on a downed opponent and force stand them, try using the Dash Attack. It worked for me once though I haven't had much luck trying to set it up again.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
It's too slow to ever be used in a situation like that, though, unless someone rolls backward exactly 100% of the time or you're god tier at reads it should never land.
In that case, some of us would be god tier. Of course, we're not expecting top-level players to be rolling all the time, but we can punish things like whiffed projectiles, laggy attacks, or air dodges when spaced properly. The Dash Attack isn't something u should use all the time since it's situational, but it's there,

LiftedVenus7

Smash Rookie
All of Link smashes can kill though down smash is the weakest. up tilt, f- tilt, f-air, u-air, d-air if you can sweet spot it if not then it's still a good move(not including it's meteor smash properties), n-air can kill at around 150% from the off stage or close to the ledges. this all can kill sooner with rage of course.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
All of Link smashes can kill though down smash is the weakest. up tilt, f- tilt, f-air, u-air, d-air if you can sweet spot it if not then it's still a good move(not including it's meteor smash properties), n-air can kill at around 150% from the off stage or close to the ledges. this all can kill sooner with rage of course.
Don't revive long-dead and irrelevant threads. This thread was made before there was an established and stickied Q&A thread and metagame thread.
If you want to talk about Link's kill options etc, do so in the metagame thread. I will (probably) be moving this thread to the rubbish bin later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom