• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Question] Good Kill Set-Ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy

Smash Cadet
Any specific set-ups into dash attack, fsmash, etc. that you know of? I've been messing around with Link in the demo and I'm struggling to find good ways to consistently kill my opponents. I'm still fairly new to Smash in general, so any tips are appreciated.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
im having trouble too. bait a roll and dash into upsmash or ff nair gimp is the only ways i'm getting any kills.

Bravo

Smash Cadet
NNID
E.Bravo
3DS FC
0877-2579-3179
Edgeguarding with the back hit of the down smash seems to be pretty good. I also like running away and turn around to hit with the tip of the forward smash's first hit.

CyberTaco

Smash Rookie
if they are high in the air you can get them off the stage at 100ish % with a up-b a lot better chance to hit then a upair

Last edited:

Sliq

Smash Master
Jab to up tilt will kill around 125% on Demo characters and is pretty easy to setup. I'm not sure it's a guaranteed combo, but I believe it's too fast for anyone to react to. I believe the first jab has IASA frames that lets you cancel it into an up tilt, and you can use the jab start up to buffer into the up tilt.

Up smash might also work but it has a lot less forward range and is a bit slower. If they are right next to you they get pushed away on the ground level. They have to be at medium range in order for then to get popped up for the up tilt.

Jab 2 > S-Tilt / S-Smash 2
Boomerang > Spin Attack
S-Tilt > N-Air > D-Air Meteor
U-Tilt / U-Smash > U-Air
None of these are near guaranteed. The first one is not a setup at all. The second jab has way more lag than one jab, and one jab still doesn't work with f-tilt or f-smash.

Boomerang has too much knock back at the point spin attack will KO, and fair would be a better option after boomerang anyways.

Your third option is a string predicated on your opponent not fighting back or avoiding it all together, and ends with a really short range, hard to land meteor. I feel like you just made up a bunch of stuff you thought might work.

Last edited:

Chappy

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the detailed response @ Sliq Sliq . I'm just getting into Smash (I've only played it casually before) and I still have a lot to learn before I can even be considered decent.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Avoid spamming the dash attack at all costs. At high percentage, I try to time the forward smash just right (Don't spam it during the match, as the damage dealt is decreased each time you use it). I try to use the grab+dthrow to upsmash or upair for a kill. Upsmash is a very good, quick reliable kill also. At very high percentage and in a good situation, his down air attack can kill but just don't rely on it due to all of the lag in the attack. Also, Link's nair and bair are good kill moves at higher percentages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom