• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question for those who have the game.

Son Saku

Smash Apprentice
If I save images and videos in my SD card, how am I able to put them on the PC? I tried with my digi cam but didn't work...

google24

Smash Rookie
I'm not positive and haven't tried this, but can't you just e-mail them to your computer?

I don't have brawl either so I'm just offering an idea

Ichida

Smash Ace
I asked this question yesterday and nobody answered. I REEEALLY hope it's possible because I don't want to have to buy a TV tuner for my computer, and I'm sure as hell not just pointing my camcorder at the television.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
They make USB flash drives that have receptacles for SD cards. I would assume something like that would work.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Most computers nowadays have SD slots. I'm not worried about plugging it into the computer, I just wanna know if Brawl saves screens and videos in an actual video format that can be viewed on a PC.

Son Saku

Smash Apprentice
I asked this question yesterday and nobody answered. I REEEALLY hope it's possible because I don't want to have to buy a TV tuner for my computer, and I'm sure as hell not just pointing my camcorder at the television.
How can we contribute if nobody tells us how to solve this problem?
I hope someone answers

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Ever heard of file conversion?
Something tells me a .bin file can be converted to a simple jpeg, easy as pie.

*Someone correct me if I'm wrong*

YoYoBoY

Smash Cadet
Ever heard of file conversion?
Something tells me a .bin file can be converted to a simple jpeg, easy as pie.

*Someone correct me if I'm wrong*
Yes you're wrong. The files only save certain information for the game to recreate the screenshot/video, to keep down file size. Hopefully somebody will find a way to develop a program that can imitate the brawl engine for videos, but I doubt it.

lumpiaz

Smash Rookie
There's a system adapter that lets you connect your Wii to your PC or laptop and use the monitor to play games. That way, you can use screen capturing software to save snapshots or use a video recorder to save your matches.

Ichida

Smash Ace
There's a system adapter that lets you connect your Wii to your PC or laptop and use the monitor to play games. That way, you can use screen capturing software to save snapshots or use a video recorder to save your matches.
...reeeealllyy? Do provide us with some more information on this device you speak of! *hopeful eyes*

lumpiaz

Smash Rookie
It's an adapter that connects to the back of your Wii and the other side has a USB 2.0 connector to connect to your PC or laptop. A couple of sites sell them but I'm pretty sure you can find one at your local game store.

Ichida

Smash Ace
If you're talking about the Adaptec GameBridge, I've already taken steps to acquire one. Thanks for the help, though.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
One way you can do it (although I've only saved to the Wii hard drive and not an SD card since I don't have one):
Save the match to the Wii hard drive (or SD card)
Connect Wii to Capture Card
Go into saved matches menu on Brawl
Hit record on whatever capturing software you have on your PC and hit play on the match you want to record

Also, the Gamebridge works pretty well for recording matches, since you can play on a normal tv while recording on your PC monitor simultaneously.

I haven't tested the whole emailing vids thing, mostly b/c I can't read the Japanese options.

Top Bottom