• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Question] Clawshot Animation Differences

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
In the Wii U version of the game, Link's clawshot animation is exactly the same as the one in Brawl. In the 3ds version, his the animation is more like the N64 version of the game. Specifically, in Brawl (and Melee as well), if Link missed a grab, the clawshot would fall limp to the ground before Link would retract it. In the N64 version, Link's hookshot would always remain parallel to the ground above the surface of the stage.

Does anyone know the frame data for Link's grab for the two versions? I'm curious if the animation differences results in different frame data. After watching the two moves briefly, I've thought that the 3ds version was faster than the Wii U version, but I'd like to see actual frame data to back it up.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
There is still no frame data for the Wi U that I know of, but there is no difference in speed. The animation is different because the 3DS can't handle it but the recovery speed is the same.

It's also noteworthy that the length of the chain is different, the Wii U's chain seems to be shorter when trying to grab. This is true, and not true. The visual representation of the chain int he Wii U is shorter than the 3DS, but we all know that the grab range on the 3DS is off since it's actually shorter than wht we'd expect from the length of the chain. The result is that the actual grab range is the same though it may seem shorter on the Wii U. I have no idea why Ninty doesn't fix this on the 3DS, but it's there.

Top Bottom