• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Question Answered] v1.02U is the best version to use.

Pac-Man Vs.

Smash Rookie
Are there any AR codes / DOL patches / Dolphin codes that have not been ported to the US v1.02 disc?

The cool ASM dual 1v1 code for v1.00 is still exclusive to that version, as far as I know. (More info)

The Melee Online project seems to be using 1.02u as a base. This is the version to use for all hacks going forward, no? I'm also guessing that many new codes are targeted at 1.02 rather than 1.00. So it seems like the best version to use. Plus, it has many needed bugfixes over 1.00.

edit: Updated thanks to danny135's information on which codes have been ported.

danny135

Smash Apprentice
The only Zauron hack that hasn't been ported is the Dual 1v1 code. All the other ones work for 1.02

Dolphin netplay group uses 1.02, tournaments mostly use 1.02, SSBMO will use 1.02, and most people make their codes for 1.02

Kadano

Magical Express
I ended up using 1.00 (with PAL Pl**.dat files) for my iso as the codes “flash on l-cancel” and “16:9 viewing mode” have only been ported for it as a DOL mod. I’d love to use these slick 8-character-nametag-codes, but as I had to give up those two codes, I’ll stick with 1.00 for now.

danny135

Smash Apprentice
I ended up using 1.00 (with PAL Pl**.dat files) for my iso as the codes “flash on l-cancel” and “16:9 viewing mode” have only been ported for it as a DOL mod. I’d love to use these slick 8-character-nametag-codes, but as I had to give up those two codes, I’ll stick with 1.00 for now.
I found the first memory address in 1.00 for you, it's in the other thread. You can find the other ones with the info in my post.

ShockSlayer

Smash Cadet
Not sure about the L cancel flash code yet, but I've got it on my list to at least port the widescreen DOL mod codes to the other versions.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
8 Character Nametag Codes? Where did you find that?

EDIT: Oh I see from the other thread. Nice.... AR Codes are cool and all but we need to start converting all of them to .DOL changes. I wish I could help more on this. sigh

danny135

Smash Apprentice
8 Character Nametag Codes? Where did you find that?

EDIT: Oh I see from the other thread. Nice.... AR Codes are cool and all but we need to start converting all of them to .DOL changes. I wish I could help more on this. sigh
Names aren't stored in the .dol file. They're loaded from the memory card and stored in the memory

Theftz22

Smash Lord
v1.1 is the best version for competitive smash IMO, but yeah, there tend to be a lot less codes ported for it.

Top Bottom