• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about uploading matches

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hey, I was just wondering what the simplest way was to record and then upload a match onto youtube. All input is greatly appreciated.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Specify? Well, I need to know how to record a match on a device that can also transfer the match to youtube? I also don't know what an Emulator is. Is that enough?

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
Do people even bother to look up stuff on their own nowadays? =\

Anyway, this may help you a bit.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Snoblo, I tried to look stuff I promise, but I said you would have to be patient. Even so, these steps are really helpful so I should finally be able to get it done. Eight Sage, I've said plenty of dumb stuff you'll have to do better than that to catch up with me.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Let me clarify this:

What happens If I ask in a thread: "Hey, I was just wondering what the simplest way was to record and then upload a match onto youtube."

Tell me your first impression, honestly.... you know it isn't clear.

a match of melee, smash bors, soccer, mortal kombat, a race with a car, a fight between a dog and a cat?
from your TV, emulator? You could specify that you don't have a cam, a video recorder, etc.

And then I say: "All input is greatly appreciated"

Its obvious that your thread lacks of info and details. Don't blame me for that.

Anyway, Hopes What snoblo put is enough

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
Dr. PeePee, sorry if we have made you feel stupid, but lots of people make these similar types of threads, with little information given, asking for some obscure help. As Eight Sage said, you should have been more specific, so those who would like to help would know how to help.

Please don't take this personally, but after reading countless threads made by people who don't make sense, it really gets on your nerves sometimes.

Anyway, good luck on recording your matches! =D

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ahhhhhh, I see. I assumed too much. My bad guys. I meant a ssbm match. Sorry bout the confusion. I' wont screw it up next time.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, if anyone else has any additional info that could aid me in recording and uploading to youtube a smash match, I wouldn't mind hearing it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, I tried using a VHS that I had some stuff recorded on. I plugged it into the computer and went into movie maker which said that there was no video capture device detected. I was told that my computer has some kind of video card in it anyway. Is there a difference between a video card I have and a capture card?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ooooooohhh, that sucks. Looks like I may wind up gettin a capture card but it also means I'm payin. Preciate it Snoblo.
EDIT: I'm finally done uploading, couldn't find any time. Now, when you make a new thread, do you just copy and past the URL and then will it become a hyperlink? Also, my video won't show up in searches, and it's been over ten hours. I have the appropriate tags on my video, what is the problem?

Top Bottom