• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about TM's

random_digit

Smash Cadet
Hi,

I'm reading all these rate my team posts and I'm wonding how people are changing their movesets so rapidly...!

I mean, these are moves that a learned from TM's right, and TM's can only be used once... sooo.. is there a way to dupe these items after I have obtained them so I can keep on using them over and over experimenting with all these new pokemon? T

he main one that I was wondering about was Earthquake, bc it seems that every sweeper usually has this...

Thanks for your time ;]

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
in order of liklihood:

1) emerald cloning glitch+pal park
2) gts cloning glitch
3) japanese version item clone glitch

...on an unrelated note, since when was j.ap an offensive term? why the freak is it censored?

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
If your later in the game anyway though, you can also get more earthquake tms by either completing the battle tower enough to get the points for it, or you can have a pickup poke at lvl 91 or higher, and it has a small chance to find one. This is all considering you do not want to do a clone glitch, so leafgreen is right as far as those methods being more likely, but those are a few legit methods.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Some of the TMs can be bought through stores and at the Game Corner. Others can be transferred over through the GBA games. And don't forget the Pickup ability. I think you can get an Earthquake TM with it still...

And don't forget, the Move Tutor can teach some moves that the Pokemon "learns" through evolution. I believe a Charizard can learn Shadow Claw this way.

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
the move tutor can only teach moves that your pokemon knew originally, with a couple of exceptions like Togekiss, which gets a completely different move set than togepi

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
in order of liklihood:

1) emerald cloning glitch+pal park
2) gts cloning glitch
3) japanese version item clone glitch

...on an unrelated note, since when was j.ap an offensive term? why the freak is it censored?
During WWII in the U.S., it was a derogatory term used to describe Japanese, especially during the relocation of people of Japanese ancestry.

On a side note, Pickup can also net you Rest and Focus Punch at the right levels.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
the move tutor can only teach moves that your pokemon knew originally, with a couple of exceptions like Togekiss, which gets a completely different move set than togepi
True, but some Pokemon can re-learn given moves that the game has programmed it as already learned.

For example, you can use the Move Tutor to teach Garchomp Fire Fang, even though it doesn't learn it naturally through leveling up. It doesn't work with all Pokemon, but trust me, it does work like this.

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
True, but some Pokemon can re-learn given moves that the game has programmed it as already learned.

For example, you can use the Move Tutor to teach Garchomp Fire Fang, even though it doesn't learn it naturally through leveling up. It doesn't work with all Pokemon, but trust me, it does work like this.
hence the "a couple of exceptions" part, :p

Top Bottom