• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about the 20XX Cpu

Penguin2Squishy

Smash Rookie
The 20XX fox bot in 4.05 is kicking my butt, and I feel like i'm not improving with this sort of practice. Right now i'm trying to practice mindgames and more abstract play, and would like it if you guys could recommend better ways to improve in mindgames

HeavyLobster1120

Smash Cadet
The 20XX fox bot in 4.05 is kicking my butt, and I feel like i'm not improving with this sort of practice. Right now i'm trying to practice mindgames and more abstract play, and would like it if you guys could recommend better ways to improve in mindgames
You shouldn't play to beat the cpu you should play them to improve your approaches and combos

Last edited:

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
You can't practice mind games on a CPU because they don't have minds. Try to study what situations in which top players condition and punish their opponents and practice incorporating similar ideas into your own play. It's a very vague subject so it's hard to give concrete advice, but a mix of studying good players and trying it against thinking opponents should help.

Now, you can use a CPU to practice with if you pretend it will behave in a human manner and try to fight what basically is an imaginary opponent rather than the actual computer. Look up PP's write ups on shadow boxing in Melee for a better description, but if you're going to go this route turn the AI down to normalish because the new bots are a bit over the top imo

Top Bottom