• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about smash/tourney rules

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
I am surprised that they haven't banned planking in FL, I knew I should have enter singles XD.

But anyways, I got a question that i have in mind.

If you got beat by the opponent, i know you have the right to change your character as well as a counter pick, can the opponent chose a character to counter your character and stage as well?

I mean, it seems like a total lock down, I mean there Dave stupid rule and i can't believe the same rule doesn't affect it. I mean, how does this whole counter pick work?

yea, I know it a noob question but I rather gain knowledge than anything.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Its good to ask about something you are not sure of. :]

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yea, I know it a noob question but I rather gain knowledge than anything.
It's not.

And what's funny is, inspite of fact that the loser still keeps the advance in the CPing, Smash (melee and brawl) are the ONLY games where the winner is allowed to change their character.

So that makes it so people dont know to know every matchup, how to play every stage; etc etc. All you really have to know to get around it is what character your opponent is going to play because of the stage. There's no guarenteed "well i can beat his jiggs on yoshis".

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
It's not.

And what's funny is, inspite of fact that the loser still keeps the advance in the CPing, Smash (melee and brawl) are the ONLY games where the winner is allowed to change their character.

So that makes it so people dont know to know every matchup, how to play every stage; etc etc. All you really have to know to get around it is what character your opponent is going to play because of the stage. There's no guarenteed "well i can beat his jiggs on yoshis".
Ahh...understood then.

Top Bottom