• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Question about small tournament duration.

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm organizing my first smash tournament. I'm trying to work with the library to find a time slot that will fit our tournament, but it is really busy around the holidays.

I'm predicting we will have about 18 people show up. How long do you think it would take to do a double elimination tournament with 3 pools of 6?

Thanks.

iAmFr33man

Smash Rookie
NNID
iamfr33man
If you only have 18 people show up then you don't even have to do pools. You can just do a double elimination bracket with a minimum of an hour and a half with your library, assuming everything BUT the finals are best out of 3.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Actually, you have to take this into consideration as well: How many consoles will there be?
The last tournament me and my friends organized had 10 people, and it lasted 3 hours, since we only had one console. And also because most of the matches seemed to last quite a while.

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
Actually, you have to take this into consideration as well: How many consoles will there be?
The last tournament me and my friends organized had 10 people, and it lasted 3 hours, since we only had one console. And also because most of the matches seemed to last quite a while.
Thanks for the feedback. We will have at least 3 consoles, so I think it should be fine. I will keep that in mind though.

Top Bottom