• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about sheik's dash dance.

D

Deleted member

So im not sure of the exact specs, but it seems sheik's turning around animation is one of the longest in the game, and her dash dance hardly moves at all. I was watching a japanese sheik player (Shu) and though the video was low - mid quality it looked like he some how sped it up; or the japanese version of the game makes sheik turn around animation 3x faster. maybe i'm crazy but it looked like the normal animation that would happen after going to far to dash dance but it ended literally 3x faster. is this a crouch cancel technique or something weird i've never thought of or does no one know what i'm talking about?

video---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzLd-ajX7_0

if everyone else thinks it looks normal i guess i'm just dumb.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
I have not tried this out myself, neither have i seen it done before....

but i could imagine it is because he Taps the stick in a direction, and so he "widens" his das dance

meaning he doesnt hold right, then smashes left, but he taps right, waits taps left(or smashes)
continue as necessary

i´ll try it out this evening, and tell you wether it works

yomi

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
It seems like he uses repeated fox-trots in opposite directions.

Meaning that he taps the stick in a direction to dash, but he doesn't hold it so that he doesn't run.

He waits until the end of the dash animation to dash to the other side.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
when you tap the control stick in a direction, you do the startup animation, and stop running

with some characters this animation is faster as the actual running (mainly Fox, CF, Marth(and roy, but who cares)) so if you do it in the same direction, you go faster than just running

this sheik player uses it, but goes left, than goes right, and does it kind of like dash dancing

so how u do it:

tap left wait shortly tap right, .....

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
uhh if you look you can see the pivot frame. its a dash dance at the maximum length. plus you can see him mess up a dd every once in a while and do a dash turn around.

Top Bottom