• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about setting up an endless lobby USF4 style game

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
Hello smash folks,

With my group of friend we frequently gather online to play gaming sessions, usually on ultra street fighter 4.
This time, I convinced them of doing a smash 1v1 session, but I haven’t been able to find how I can set up something like USF4 endless lobby so that we can all gather, and then take turns playing.

The thing is we are 6 people, 2 being on the same console. We all have friend codes exchanged of course.

For those unfamiliar with USF4, it goes like this :
-we setup a lobby, for 6 persons
-2 players start their match, the others watch
-When it is finished, the winner stays and plays against the following player, the loser goes at the end of the queue

Is there something similar to this in any of the ssb4 online modes? From what I heard, tournament mode would restrict us to 3 min limit, so that is a big no to us

Thanks for your help, online modes are kind of messy to me

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
Bump : does that mean this is impossible? Or maybe it is there but really obvious?

Honestly I couldn't find it, but I have a hard time thinking this is impossible to do :-/

HYP3R

Smash Lord
You would set up a private room as usual with 3 or 4 players, those who aren't participating in the 1v1 would SD. When the match is over you switch who is fighting next round, and so on.

The only problem with this is Nintendo's servers are not as good as other fighting games, when there are more people in a room the connection becomes worse. There's also the option of leaving the room when it isn't your turn, but that takes away the point of watching. Sometimes the lag is so bad you might not have a choice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom