• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about rest

Doroco

Smash Cadet
So as jiggly puff I up throw rest foxes. What I have noticed is if I hit them with only the very very top of the rest hitbox it will send them directly upwards and always result in a star ko. Can some one test this or tell me if I'm correct? Everyone I know said I'm wrong. Getting the right area to hit is very difficult from my experiences

A an example if what I'm talking about is hbox vs kjg at the big house 3 last stock of first game is what I'm talking about

Last edited:

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
nah its just whether or not they DI to survive or to die as fast as possible, if they DI straight down it will never be a star KO

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
If you're talking about trajectory DI, it isn't ever optimal to DI straight down from rest because the default trajectory of rest is always in the +y direction (assuming the rest hit box hits the bottom of the players hurtbox), meaning the greatest benefit from trajectory you can gain - which is always perpendicular to default trajectory - can literally never be straight down. From my understanding of rest and its trajectory, straight down DI would have little to no effect on your trajectory in these cases.

@ D Doroco , a player will only be star-KO'd if they DI poorly, or are up-throw rested on the top platform of a stage and their lack of DI allows the default trajectory to hit the top skybox. Usually, poor DI is the result of player trying to DI the actual up-throw trajectory when it's already too late, and accidentally having that input carry on to their trajectory DI after the rest. In the case of hbox vs kjh at BH3, you can see that the trajectory was not straight up, but up and to the left. The default trajectory must have been further to the left, but KJH was probably trying to DI the up-throw to the right but then accidentally DI'd the rest the the right instead, causing the angle of trajectory to be closer upward than it was by default.

Top Bottom