• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about Marth's dair.

LukeTheSheppy

Smash Rookie
Scenario: Low percentage Marth v. Fox, Battlefield. Both in air slightly below top platform, Marth slightly above Fox. He lands a tipper dair. As expected, the Fox is spiked, however without any sort of apparent teching, He lands on his feet.

Am I missing something here? Did I just blank out for a split second and miss myself teching, both mentally and on screen? I was under the impression that Marth dair, like other spikes and meteor smashes, forces a knockdown state (terminology?) from which it must be teched upon reaching the stage in order to recover.

Any explanation would be wonderful.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Yeah, it probably won't knock down at lower %s. It's the same concept that goes into Falco's pillaring even though his dair is a spike. Apparently the game just has this weird programming where you do some odd spinny thing and land on your feet below certain %s when you get spiked. I don't understand it fully, I just know that it is.

Top Bottom