• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question about marth

FrostByte

Smash Lord
It depends on which character you're going against. Poke works on most, spike and Fsmash works on Ganon/Falcon and Falco/Fox (during below stage UpB recovery).

Metà

Smash Master
This thread has no point. Any question about Marth can be answered in two words, and you don't need to make an entire thread out of it:

Forward

Smash

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
well i prefer to spike a fox when he is coming below the stage instead of doing like 3 forward smashes on him at low %

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
The best overall edge guard for Marth is to keep people impatient by poking at the edge, and then start walking away and fsmashing back at the edge right as they become vulnerable.

beebee

Smash Apprentice
It depends of who it is. If its a character like Link, Roy, Mario, luigi, there b up move isn't that effective. So i would counter attack everytime they try it unless your playing someone who get low enough just to barly hang on. The poking works almost as well too.

flaco

The Terminator
Well for Roy use the light shield trick and for all other ones like fox or other fsmash or the poke .

Brookman

Smash Hero
Well for Roy use the light shield trick and for all other ones like fox or other fsmash or the poke .

Marth can't light shield edge guard himself unless the person is bad at sweet spotting, and no one can light shield edge guard roy because his up b has more than one hit. Marth's counter works great for edge guarding space animals if they don't sweet spot.

flaco

The Terminator
brookman get off my main lol jk dude marth could light shield himself bakura has done it to me when we play marth dittos and I was wrong about Roy the counter works fine.

flaco

The Terminator
well yea but you said that marth cant light shield himself so he could if you mess up with the sweet spot

flaco

The Terminator
Sweetspot is when you grab the edge of the stage by doing perfect that he wont be able to get hit or be guarded easily.

EDIT-Brookman opps you said roy lol my bad

Brookman

Smash Hero
what ever azn would do, in whatever situation, ever. azn edgeguard is always the right one
too bad that really doesn't answer the question at all. Also, if Azen edge guarded perfectly he'd have won mlg and every other tournament ever, even if he wasn't in attendance.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
by perfect do you mean get on the edge and they can't hit you because you are invincible for the first second or two?

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
oh ok. well i gotta practice that. i see it done all the time, but i never use it. but it looks very useful.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Although it sucks if the light shield on the edge; if you barely miss they instantly grab the edge and you fall to your death. Not a very fun thing to do.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Forward smash them, spike them, edgehog them.
That's what I was going about to say then I realised.

Fair
Spike
hog

I can Fair more accuratley then I can smahs forward. Really it depends on the chracter. They're all pretty easy to edge guard against. Perticular Ganon and Cpt. Falcon. Falco and Fx it deends on if ut's their UpB or if it's their forward B. My friends tend to use forward B because A fire Bird is just asking to be meteored/spiked/whateveryouguyscallit

Top Bottom