• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about grabs and combos

_gold_

Smash Master
ZSS is my main in SSB4, she's epic. Therefore, I want to utilize her combos as best as possible, so I thought I'd come to the experts. First, what is her best grab and throw to use, so that I can follow it up with a combo? Personally, I like using her d-throw and then following it up with either her u-air or up-b attack. Any others?

Second, when she does her flip move, and it buries your opponent, what move should I follow that up with? Again, I like using her u-smash cause if the opponent breaks free, they jump right into my whip. But like I said, there may be better combos I can follow these up with. I use these moves a lot, so finding out how to execute these to their greatest potential, well I'm all ears.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Expect a video on this topic from me pretty soon. Read soon as "before the New Year"

Also, I think all of her grabs have uses, but I think I end up pivot grabbing the most, followed by shield grab, then dash grab.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
First, what is her best grab and throw to use, so that I can follow it up with a combo? Personally, I like using her d-throw and then following it up with either her u-air or up-b attack. Any others?
You can also do fair
uair->short hop->uair/fair/upb is wonderful too, but I'd suggest you practice that one. it's pretty hard if you don't place yourself correctly.
Not that the one you mentionned aren't great (in fact they are).
Second, when she does her flip move, and it buries your opponent, what move should I follow that up with? Again, I like using her u-smash cause if the opponent breaks free, they jump right into my whip. But like I said, there may be better combos I can follow these up with. I use these moves a lot, so finding out how to execute these to their greatest potential, well I'm all ears.
Charge a down smash. If the opponent has enough damage, you can follow up with grab, fsmash, usmash (don't do it, fsmash is a much more reliable KO move for dsmash) or, if close enough to a ledge, be risky and perform the downb before (but not too soon) the opponent gets out of the dsmash's hitstun like in the video below (not mine):
Again, I suggest you train yourself for that one.

Anything else?

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
In terms of throws F-throw and B-throw are typically used by my self to set up a flip jump spike (down b), People tend to not DI it properly and I will swear this to my grave that there is definitely guaranteed spikes at certain %s from both of those as i've landed them on mid level skill players and up.

Down throw is always for setting up the guessing game of what move you want to hit them with you can generally do all your aerials except for down air (unless you bait an air dodge with up air -> trolling down air on them) weights /% heavily determine what can be used each time.

I did this a lot in the 3ds Version because players on For Glory seem to think rolling is their only form of movement... Anyways I'd take my time with them with laser stuns/pummels and down throws, Once I get them to like 190% or something since I had input difficulties I'd up throw them and depending my rage % ,their weight and % they would generally kick the bucket I think this will be a little more viable since Vectoring has been changed significantly.

Top Bottom