• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about Falco's Phantasm

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I am really sorry if this question has been asked before but I used the search tool to look up the answer and couldn't find it, but anyway here ist he question:

Of course you all know Phantasm is Falco's side-speacil, but I am wondering how do you get it so where you won't move anywhere (or barely move) or get some extra distance controlled, I have seen myself done this by accident (it has sometimes gotten me killed because it went too far or not far enough) and I want to know how to use it to my advantage.

Thanks to whoever answer in advance.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
it depends on where you tap B during the phantasm. early cancels early, and late cancels late. you cant cancel it in the middle tho, so make sure to time your B

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think it has to do with how soon you press the special move button during the move execution. Time the button press right, and Falco won't go that far when using the side special.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don't understand, from what I interpret, what you're saying is if I just press the side-speacil move for a short amount of time, what I get is a short phantasm and if I HOLD the technique, what I get respectively is a long phantasm? I am sorry I am not the brightest brawler out there.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
No. They're saying that if you press B when the move is nearing completion, you will go farther than if you pressed it when the move was just beginning.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I think I understand now how it is done, I'll say though, the frames are just not that long, thanks a lot for the replies, they helped.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
It's basically an illusion cancel, all the spacies can do it, but seeing as it's VERY difficult to time the cancel, you're better off just mashing B soon as you execute.

DeviStorm

Smash Rookie
Pressing Side -B, while you see the move in motion (the dust appear underneath his feat). Some time around there you would have to press B again to cancel it.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
I think the more useful of these techniques is the one that lengthens the distance you travel. I can't do it consistently, but I've been able to recover from ridiculously far away on occasion with it. If anyone figures out an easier way to accomplish it other than timing the second tap of B, please let us all know.

Top Bottom