• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about Dtilt

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai said Samus was the most powerful character in development, and I heard/read that her Dtilt killed around 70% on most characters?

Is Dtilt a powerful attack that finishes an opponent?

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
This is how it was in Brawl, so I don't see it being much different. It was really fast though, it always caught people off guard, and a lot of people I know called it OP (cry more, she's so underpowered overall) so it could even see a speed nerf, but it's a good kill move, and should remain that way.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, I don't see a lot of people playing Samus on streams, and I see even less info about her here.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Samus_(SSB4)

Here's a small changelog. It claims the d-tilt actually has more kill power, which is awesome.

Last edited:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Nah, she's significantly better than brawl. Her kill potential is way better and then with ledge trump bair she can kill at like 80. Her zoning is good and her combos are pretty good.

RPK

Smash Lord
Im glad yet sad at the same time. D-tilt doesnt kill, but that means I dont have to hold back on using that move anymore!! Yay!!! Also it sounds like D-tilt kills at the same percent as brawl lol. Especially cause Samus' kill potential in Brawl is absolutely garbage until you get them to a reliable percent which was like..180-200%. I do have to say though, that her combos have always been good, even in brawl. If not, she has a good burst. 0-28% tho from dair -> up+b. Its just that her kill potential was trash...But that got buffed so shes fine now =w=

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Guess I just have to wait and feel her out for myself. I kind of wish she was in the demo, considering the only female characters are the alt Killager costumes.

Joanny

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1032-1663-6684
I'm trying the full game, so if you have any question about Samus I can check directly ! :D

ask_thedoctor

Smash Rookie
I'm trying the full game, so if you have any question about Samus I can check directly ! :D
How does she compare to Melee/PM Samus? Apparently she can't charge her beam in the air and that wonderful sex kick is gone. In her new neutral air good? What of her tilts?

Joanny

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1032-1663-6684
ImO, she's better than she ever was. She has definitly more way to kill opponents, and she's faster on some moves (Ftilt most important one).
Her wonderful sex kick is gone, but her new Nair is not bad at all, it has range and it's fast, more over it kicked behind you so some times you can hit whereas your opponent avoided the front kick.

Her up tilt and Ftilt are more useful than ever. Her down tilt is quite similar, still fast with a lot of range.
Her f-smash earns some range too, and it's fast, that's wonderful coupled with the F-tilt to make your opponent staying away.
Her up smash is useful now, it can now kill the opponent and connects more easily.

(PS : Sorry for my bad english. I'm trying to learn it :x )

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
ImO, she's better than she ever was. She has definitly more way to kill opponents, and she's faster on some moves (Ftilt most important one).
Her wonderful sex kick is gone, but her new Nair is not bad at all, it has range and it's fast, more over it kicked behind you so some times you can hit whereas your opponent avoided the front kick.

Her up tilt and Ftilt are more useful than ever. Her down tilt is quite similar, still fast with a lot of range.
Her f-smash earns some range too, and it's fast, that's wonderful coupled with the F-tilt to make your opponent staying away.
Her up smash is useful now, it can now kill the opponent and connects more easily.

Your English is great, no worries on that end. So do you feel she's better than her Melee incarnation?

Joanny

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1032-1663-6684
Well, hard to say. The game is not the same than melee. There is now a lot of characters and we don't play them as we did in melee, so "better" or not, this is relative.

BBC7

Smash Ace

Your English is actually better than most native speakers I come across. I don't know too much about Samus, just wanted to let you know that you don't have bad English.

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Well, hard to say. The game is not the same than melee. There is now a lot of characters and we don't play them as we did in melee, so "better" or not, this is relative.
Certain things translate though: competitive viability, kill moves, balance, playstyle. Her Meelee incarnation was very well balanced between her melee and projectile game which is why she was so fun to play.

Silver Forte

Smash Rookie
What I'm really interested in is how her custom moves will come into effect. Slow missles and slow Charge shot in particular.

Joanny

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1032-1663-6684
(BBC7, thanks buddy, I appreciate it ! )

GdspdUblkrpzdnt (no mistakes in your name ? : P), yeah I can tell you that.
I think she's kind similar of the melee version because of that "balanced between her melee and projectile game".

Competitive viability : I think she'll have trouble against fast character who can come close to her quickly, such as Fox which more over has his shine (down B) against projectile. The lack of sex kick is annoying against a lot of aerial characters too.
But she can own the no-mobility characters,slow or big ones, like Bowser/DkKong. And she has no trouble dealing against good characters like Lucario who get his passive buffed very hard.

Kill moves : She has more kill move now, the old ones + up smash, her back aerial or neutral, even her f-aerial, or the screw attack, her dash at high %,
Playstile, for now i'm doing a mix up between melee and brawl. That'll surly change with the meta or when i'll meet more people with the game.
Balance ? what do you mean ? If she's high tiers ? To early to say.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Nah, she's significantly better than brawl. Her kill potential is way better and then with ledge trump bair she can kill at like 80. Her zoning is good and her combos are pretty good.
I could believe it because many people complain about characters living forever and the new Vectoring mechanic.

Top Bottom