• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about down air combos

Formaldehyde

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hodgers
Hey guys, I'm not a Kirby player but I'd like to see the opinion on the matter from the eyes of Kirby players. I've fought Kirbys who make great use of their downair, leading it into down smashes/up tilts/grabs, and they can keep me in this cycle for a long time, and without using projectiles to force the Kirby to approach I'm not quite sure what the best option is to deal with this, is there a specific way I should DI out of it, or should I be holding my shield up and risk getting grabbed, I'd appreciate any tips you guys have to offer.

FKA Kobra

Smash Cadet
NNID
super-kobe-10
You can either shield it, roll away, or use an attack to hit them before they hit you like a good up smash or up tilt. Probably the best thing to do is shield it and grab before they have a chance to react with something.

Kooby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2020-0031-6506
You could DI behind kirby if you think he might try to grab, and down smash seems to actually be shieldable, or as DeathlyFerret said, shield it, you can get a grab and punish Kirby

Formaldehyde

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hodgers
Thanks guys, I wasn't really thinking properly when I was fighting the Kirby and I should really have tried DIing, but when it comes to the grab I would never have thought of doing that so that's a very useful idea thanks for the help!

Top Bottom