• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about Double Aerials

Tricky.

Smash Cadet
Questions:
1)When you are doing your double aerials ,while u are short hopping...do u use the C-Stick or Do u use the A Button.
2) When u are doing your double aerials do u press R/L to be able to do the second one?
3)Which Do u prefer. An Aerial then Nair or Double the Aerial

Those are my noobs question for yah lol. I only been playing Smash for 6 months and i want to be able to do what most luigi's do now..before End Of may xD. I kinda got wavedashing soo yeah =/.

Thanx for the help

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
1) Situational, if they are in front of me and I want to fair I'll just use A, everything but the nair is usually c-sticked though.
2) if your talking about sh 2 aerials, its just like fair (wait for animation to end) nair. L-canceling only works when you hit the ground with the aerial attack animation.
3) I prefer doing some aerial to nair fast falled l-canceled. Since it sticks out the longest. Just don't be too repetitive.

Just something if your new to Luigi, remember if you want to do the cyclone recovery you always have to do the downB on the stage first before you can gain height in the air.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
If you know your opponent is going to sheildgrab, then do the Nair. It should be weak, just giving them a boost into the air enough for you to combo them.If you are going in an assault or something else then sure go ahead and double the aerial. Giving pressure on your opponent with double Bairs is quite useful.

PLEASE don't ask whether to use C-Stick or A button. Don't listen to ANYONE telling you that one or the other is better. Just based on your comfortability and preference on which one to use. I'm not even gonna tell you which way I use. Figure it out on your own!!

Melo-tone

Smash Cadet
If you know your opponent is going to sheildgrab, then do the Nair. It should be weak, just giving them a boost into the air enough for you to combo them.If you are going in an assault or something else then sure go ahead and double the aerial. Giving pressure on your opponent with double Bairs is quite useful.

PLEASE don't ask whether to use C-Stick or A button. Don't listen to ANYONE telling you that one or the other is better. Just based on your comfortability and preference on which one to use. I'm not even gonna tell you which way I use. Figure it out on your own!!
He is completely right. It will be based on really only two factors. SITUATION and PREFERENCE.

For instance, I wavedash with R, not L. So when I am using a Nair instead of using thumb which could possibly take longer I move my finger straight from the R to Z. (Z + control pad = aerial, incase you didn't know.) Yet that is only on the occasion that I need a speedy Nair that will go as I rise. If I do a Fair into a miss then need to continue it to a double ending with a Nair then I use A to perform the Nair. This is because it my thumb is already back towards position so it's just easier in that situation.

Bottom line: It depends on you.

C 3

Smash Ace
1.) Double aerials refer to short hops. In full hops, you can pull of 3 aerials, and if you purposely restriced it to two while full hopping, it wouldn't be an incredibly useful technique.
Using the C - stick or A, like Smash G O D rightfully said, is by preference. Find what works best for you and develop it.

2.) Doing double aerials simply requires inputting the command for one aerial after the other before hitting the ground, no steps in between. You press L/R (whichever you prefer) to L - Cancel it and remove the lag after the second aerial.

3.) Entirely situational.

Top Bottom