• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about C stick

avian304

Smash Rookie
I'm a new Luigi player, I've kinda gotten Wave Dashing down and shield grabbing but my main question is should I bother with the C stick? A lot of my friends, who are really good, tells me not to since it slows you down. But I'm just wondering, do super pros like KA-Master and Azen use the C Stick for luigi, or do they stick with the regular smashes?

Oh and one more thing, when I wave dash should I use the R button or L button (Lol weird question I know, but I'm just curious)

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Lol, sorry to let you down, but I'm not considered a super pro...

Azen however, could easily be considered that.

And yeah, I use the c-stick for just about all of my aerials. It's a really convenient way to do them, and makes DI-ing a lot easier if you end up gettin get hit out of the aerial or something.

Enigmatics

Smash Rookie
l find it easier to fastfall while using c-stick arials (I don't even know how to fastfall the Dair without using the c-stick.)

C 3

Smash Ace
I found using the A + direction combination a bit inconveniant, and using the C - stick generally works better with other characters also, so overall it's the way to go. Also, like Ka said, it's much easier to DI when you use C stick. In terms of using L or R to wavedash, it's about preference.

SgtShock

Smash Rookie
hey, i just wanted to throw in some input.. i don't normally use the c stick for aerials, only sometimes on the ground i will choose to use it. like when i wavedash into forward smash or something i will most likely always use c-stick. i should probably use it more while using aerial moves for DI obviously, but its hard cause im so used to not using the c-stick that i would have to really practice to use it well.. seems like it has a crucial importance to Luigi's aerial technique

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
C stick is easier to use out of wavedash...for some reason using i feel like im messing up the wavedash by making it shorter when i use A.....

Evil_MARIO

Smash Rookie
Not to affend anyone or anything but I heard that the C-stick was to begin learning and the control stick is for experts......im NOT sayin thats true, its either right or my friend who told me is dumb ROFL

pdk

Smash Lord
the latter

it's not a pair of training wheels, face it people

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I use C-Stick for just about all my aerials.. cept for Nair (duh?)

I also use it for all my smashes unless I'm charging them I do find that the lack of control stick use in aerials/smashes and the fact I jump/wd/allotherjumpstuff and tilt with control stick has improved my precision with the stick greatly.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
??? DOES ANY ONE USE THE C_STICK
to SHFFL??

I find it super fast to SHFFL while edgeguarding useing the C-Strick to short hop after I L cancel....

whats your peeps opinions?

Hold L- flick c-stick up to SH
Air Attack C-Stick
FF with Joystick
L Cancel (Hold down till you jump with C-Stick)
**repeat

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
I generally use c-stick when i want to wavesmash or smash someone close by. hitting a + ctrl stick is too slow in those situations. But when you've got a big fat juicy target coming in from an up-b recovery, feel free to charge it up.

What i have/had trouble in doing is I accidentally smash when I want to forward tilt.does ne1 have a technique in which it's easy to tilt fast? I usually come in from a wavedash so I always thought of never letting my ctrl stick go to center and just roll it ino the tilt position. Hard to do though. Any easier way?

Top Bottom