• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about beating Counter with Nair...

Ghost Pikmin

Smash Cadet
I've been lurking through this forum since Brawl came out in America, and I haven't seen any thread about this. Anyhow, I've noticed that when fighting Marth and trying to juggle him, it's actually possible to beat his Counter with a Nair. All I know about it is that it only works when directly below him and touching him with the very tip of it. What happens is Marth blocks the first hit, but before he can swing his sword the next few hits come and nothing happens.

Since I tend to be the reckless offensive type, this could be handy for times when I don't take the time to think about what I'm doing. My only question is what the time window is for doing this. Do I have to take out the Nair right when he does the counter? Can I use it just after hearing the "ching" sound and get away with it? I just want to know whether this could potentially be mastered, since it could make my life a lot easier.

Top Bottom