• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Que Pasa?!?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So i was messing around with my friends the other day at a weekly small fest we have, and i was playing his weeg with my Roy on DL64.

He's around 51 percent and i'm at 32 percent and i had just knocked him onto the platform on the right side. I wait for him to drop down, and as he drops down i use my up-smash, cause i'm not a good roy user and forgot that move sucks besides the fire.. but the weirdest thing happened. He was like spiked down from it and sent at like a seventy degree angle down and to the right.. It killed him but i mean i know Roy has the phire.. but is it that good?

Ok i asked around and apparently it can spike on a weird hit box.. ok.. unless it can get refuted i guess i answered my own question :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's because it's entirely dependent on the opponent DIing in a stupid way.

Sky2042

Smash Apprentice
It's a rare occasion when something like that works out, as posted above. :). I would suggest against trying to repeat that (if it happens again, than you got lucky :p).

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
You can also spike with it off of a dtilt or dash attack, and it really isn't hard to hit the right place... But, unfortunately, it spikes at an angle that pushes them right out of reach for an fsmash! This means that the only way to put it to use it comboing them right over the edge and finishing with a usmash spike. :dizzy:

Edit: Also, I believe it is like a meteor in that they can up+b out of it if timed correctly, so it won't always be a kill.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Never try to combo into the u-smash spike, its about as effective as comboing into his dancing spike, meaning useless.

and yes, its a meteor, making it not worth it considering how hard it would be to do on purpose.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
omg, wait...roy has a usmash spike!!! so he IS better than Marth. omg, and all this time we all thought roy sucked. Maybe that one dude was right...Roy's potential just needed to be unlocked.

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOL

Top Bottom