• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Quality Smashing (Jasper Alabama)

Quality Smashing (Jasper Alabama)
Posted by Series Gaming
Quality Collectibles, Jasper Alabama
Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 02:00 PM
Until: Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 04:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Series Gaming

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the suggestions, and no the harshness helped get to the point which was cool. I would also like to give you an extra thanks for the last minute uninformed help you lent, and promise to be more on top of things.

As for the stages these tournaments are for everybody to enjoy, so if there is a majority accepted list get it to me and I will change things accordingly.

Next the store is in fact a store, like all the time, so a venue fee is not legit, so I was not sure how to balance that out. Although next time the "back area" of the store could have a $5 Smashers fee, and then $5 for the tournament and pay out according to the attendance (What is an accepted ratio for Smash). Does the store take the venue fee and the tournament winners take the entry fee as a pot?

As for ducking out without telling people, and not responding quickly on the thread is my responsibility entirely and I apologize and will do my best to do better.

Finally the next tournament already has a time slot for doubles and I am about to make correction to fit in venue fee and adjusted entry fee. And once I find out how the pay out should be handled, I will put that on there as well.

Oh! And thanks again for helping me get this off the ground, I hope to see you next time

100AngryTurtles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AngryTurtles
This is probably the most "standard" rules at the moment:
https://m.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3theo0/genesis_3_official_announcement_smash_4_wii_u/

I would ignore the stuff about wireless controllers and miis. Those are decided based on what the TO wants and are generally allowed in small tournaments.

As for the venue fee, I think the best option is to charge $5 to get in and then charge $5 per event. The store can charge more or less if they want, but $5 is usually the standard. So it would be $10 total to enter singles and $15 total for both singles and doubles. The venue fee does not go towards the total pot. Instead it goes to the store, should they choose to charge one. The standard payouts are 60% for first, 30% for second and 10% for third. The same goes for doubles if it has a reasonable amount of entrants (10+ or so).

Thanks for taking time to read my replies. If I am not already attending a different tournament then I will defiantly consider coming to the next tournament. Also do not get discouraged if there are a low number of entrants at any tournaments you run in the future. You have to start growing somewhere, and sometimes people can't come for various reasons. Just keep trying to grow your scene.

Again, Goodluck with your tournaments in the future

Series Gaming

Smash Cadet
This is probably the most "standard" rules at the moment:
https://m.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3theo0/genesis_3_official_announcement_smash_4_wii_u/

I would ignore the stuff about wireless controllers and miis. Those are decided based on what the TO wants and are generally allowed in small tournaments.

As for the venue fee, I think the best option is to charge $5 to get in and then charge $5 per event. The store can charge more or less if they want, but $5 is usually the standard. So it would be $10 total to enter singles and $15 total for both singles and doubles. The venue fee does not go towards the total pot. Instead it goes to the store, should they choose to charge one. The standard payouts are 60% for first, 30% for second and 10% for third. The same goes for doubles if it has a reasonable amount of entrants (10+ or so).

Thanks for taking time to read my replies. If I am not already attending a different tournament then I will defiantly consider coming to the next tournament. Also do not get discouraged if there are a low number of entrants at any tournaments you run in the future. You have to start growing somewhere, and sometimes people can't come for various reasons. Just keep trying to grow your scene.

Again, Goodluck with your tournaments in the future
Thanks for the advice and the link, and we will always have at least one a month.

Top Bottom