• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quad Setup in Reference to Full Bloom 3

Baka-Bear

Smash Rookie
Hello my tag is GBakaB and I am the engineer behind the original Double/Quad setup. The idea came from the mad genius Mike Lau from TukHouseSmash and I happen to have equipment that could make his idea come to life. I noticed that Full Bloom 3 used similar techniques in order to get a “Tri” working. I post a lot of my work under my GBakaB Engineering Facebook Page and I am very open source about things I mod and repair. Someone from Melee Mecca (Which I am a part of as well) was contacted by the head TO of Full Bloom 3 about information regarding the Quad and was given the basics to a quad. If they would have responded after they got the “Vital” information they would have been directed to me and I could have given them the list I made when I did my tests and recent dry run test at Escape the Basement (11 March 2017). I am making this post so if anyone in the community wants to try ideas like these, I can assist by giving my pros and cons, OBS Logs, and overall data to better assist so the community can have a better viewing experience. Here are the Computer Specs for the Current Quad setup I have along with the main rig I use for events. I hope this information helps and we can continue to make the communities stream viewing and players stream experience better.

Quad

PC: i7 4770, 32GB GSKILL DDR3, 500GB MSata SSD, 1TB HDD, 500GB HDD, EVGA GTX 780

Capture Card 1: Micomsoft SC512N1-L/DVI

Capture Card 2: Startech PEXHDCAP2

Capture Card 3: Yuan Tech UB530 USB 3.0

Capture Card 4: Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0

Capture Program: OBS 18.0.1

CRT 1: Sony PVM 20L5

CRT 2: Sony PVM 20L5

CRT 3: Sony PVM 14L5

CRT 4: Generic with Shuttle Converting to Composite

Main

PC: i7 6700K, 16GB GSKILL DDR4, 500GB MSata, 1TB HDD, GTX 750Ti

Capture Card 1: Startech PEXHDCAP60L

Capture Card 2: Blackmagic Decklink Duo 2 (SDI)

Capture Program: OBS 18.0.1

CRT: 480P Trinitron or PVM 20L5

Top Bottom