• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/qq

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
I wanted the Yoshi stampede for his FS :( I'm sure Yoshi will be ****** faces again in Brawl, but I was pretty dissapointed to see his final smash as this..

For some reason it just reminds me too much of Mario's FS and not enough of Yoshi. I at least wanted it to be green =\

:yoshi:

Tanea

Smash Ace
not to be a jerk but u have been hitting every thread and that's all u have to say stuff happens

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I wanted the Yoshi stampede for his FS :( I'm sure Yoshi will be ****** faces again in Brawl, but I was pretty dissapointed to see his final smash as this..
You'd perfer a stampede of Yoshi's that would be easily dodged by jumping over them or onto a platform than Yoshi growing wings and flying around breathing fire?

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
not to be a jerk but have been hitting every thread and that's all i have you say stuff happens
You just haven't been looking around much. I've only made three posts (I believe) in regards to this, two of which were in the same topic, and one of those two being a reply to a reply.

This isn't so much of a "OMGZOOR YOSHI IS RUINED OMFG SCROO SAKURAI" sort of thing as some members were taking ZSS -- just saying that a Yoshi-stampede is much more Yoshi-style than this. IMO they make it too serious for Yoshi.

You'd perfer a stampede of Yoshi's that would be easily dodged by jumping over them or onto a platform than Yoshi growing wings and flying around breathing fire?
We aren't talking the mute-city cars here. We're talking hundreds (well, maybe not hundreds :)) of Yoshi's storming the stage from each side jumping around. Sure, you could jump, but so can Yoshi.

But yes, I would.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: **group hugs MDZ and Mic and Bringer and everyone else at the same time**

<-- is the happiest man on the face of the Earth at this moment.

Velox

Smash Ace
Might have to do with a direction Nintendo is sending Yoshi in.

Because in Mario Strikers whenever you do a "Mega Strike", Yoshi sprouts wings in there as well.

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
This isn't so much of a "OMGZOOR YOSHI IS RUINED OMFG SCROO SAKURAI" sort of thing as some members were taking ZSS -- just saying that a Yoshi-stampede is much more Yoshi-style than this. IMO they make it too serious for Yoshi.
The Fire Breathing Dragon Smash (IMO should be called Final Dragon) makes up for the giant nose and rounded spikes, IMO.

Also it's almost like Nintendo are trying to make Yoshi broken (compare Super Dragon to the Giga Bowser FS), makes me wonder what Fox's FS will be (we all know Peach's will be the DSmash, J/K).

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
OMg when i saw yoshi's final smash. I went balistic. Thats the hard final smash ever. Omg. He turns into an untouchable force of power. Did u see his wings. I think my fiavorite pics is a. when he grabs the smash symbol and eyes glow yellow. And B. when he shoots a firball after link and pikachu. AND FLYS inches above the ground after them. HECK YEAH Freakin.... DARK...........ANGEL

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: All I'm saying is that if it IS her final smash, they will do something terribly OD to it.

<-- challenges Flakari Leader to a happiness money match. >:D

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
OK, Shiri, ytf are you so happy, because I want to be as happy as you right now.

Flakari, back off my sig, you've posted 12 times in almost a year,

and WINGS, and FIRE!!!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You don't want none of this happiness, son! >:D

<-- is ultra-hyper happy right now

BETA

Smash Ace
I honestly was afraid they were going to make Yoshi a cutesy character, as they have in EVERY of the latest Mario spinoff games. Boy, was I wrong...

BTW, MDZ, how is this not Yoshi-like? These are old-school Yoshi abilities!

-PM-

Smash Ace
yoshi final smash should be where baby mario jumps on his back with a hammer and attacks people while you can still do some of your attacks =]

and yea isnt the whole yoshi flying thing old school along with fire spiting O.o

on another note related to brawl who is giddy about the possible color schemes of black and white yoshi =D

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
:yoshi: Son...

Word.
i'd love to see Black and white yoshi on brawl but the game can only handle so many colors....which i noticed in ssb64 there was a darkblue Yoshi but was never used in ffa's and team battles.

Anyway more on point here. Yoshi will own here and Shiri i'm counting on your to represent yoshi there. I'll be doing my point. So many players to fight. so many people who doubt the dinos power. so many ***** getting slammed to the ground and burned to a crisp....awww crap the happiness is spreading.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL yeah, you feel that hapiness getting at you, right? ROFL!

P.S. - Please don't count on me to do much, hahaha. I still lose to terrible people in Melee, and I consider myself decent, so yeah, you might want to count on Gabe, Bringer, Svampen, D1, and everyone else, hahaha.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Counting on me is a bad idea. You know I went Fox in the finals of my last tournament.

Then again, it was against Peach. You guys don't blame me right?

*Bringer of Yoshi Betrayal*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh that's what that feeling was, thought it was just me being hungry.

Hungry for non-bretrayalness.

*rereads post*

Wtf.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
I honestly was afraid they were going to make Yoshi a cutesy character, as they have in EVERY of the latest Mario spinoff games. Boy, was I wrong...

BTW, MDZ, how is this not Yoshi-like? These are old-school Yoshi abilities!

never said it wasn't yoshi Like.. just that there wasn't enough Yoshi.. and the only time that there can be enough yoshi is when the orgasmic yoshi stampede comes hauling through tearing everyones faces off and possibly melting them.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
You can count on me Shiri, although I won't be attending any major smash events for the most part due to college actually requiring work.

BETA

Smash Ace
on another note related to brawl who is giddy about the possible color schemes of black and white yoshi =D
There's also purple and orange from Sunshine!

I am psyched about Yoshi's egg throw increasing his jump height. It's about ****ing time! Problem is that it'll destroy edge-cancelled egging...

-PM-

Smash Ace
it might not destory it maybe if we drop lower and then fast fall it itll still cancel out just not as effective as we are used to =[.

and i just cant wait for all the new yoshi colors i normally play yellow so ill be playing orange and yellow (there fat colors LOL) but ill also play black just cause its B.A. and owns really hard

and i swear if the eggz are green when im a black yoshi im rioting i promise it lol

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
you can count on me shiri. I'll probably be at those GA tournies. Yo u can bet on me with dark red yoshi. With bapes colored kicks. An i might rock that electric blue from time to time.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yoshido, speaking of which...

...when is the next GA tourney you're going to? I wanna watch you wreck people if I can make it.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
wow shiri i just noticed the change in your location. But yeah If i dont make it to fun canceling. I'll be at one after Dec 10th since thats the last day of exams for me.

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi can't get more badass than this.

Also: How come he can't make earfkwakez when he lands IF he can land?

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
I somewhat agree with MDZ.

Before the flames, let me explain. I'm talking about one button ownage. Examples: Mario with his wall of flames, Bowser with his huge invincible damage, Link (im assuming) guaranteed massive one-on-one damage. No one has said that the Yosh is invincible, so he can get beat the **** out of while he is doing it, no one has locked his targets (like link) so there is a possibility of doing no damage, especially since you have to control this amazing fire breath all the time, and his wings could give out at any moment (killing us over the edge)

Besides that, If they are going crazy turtle shell style, (super mario world) why aren't the fire balls in three, and more importantly, where is the stomp?! I don't think it would make him broken, in comparison to the other broken finals to give him a certain damage or hit when he jumps on the stage.

Top Bottom